2019 CX-9 bucks when in gear with foot on the brake

My 2019 CX-9 does something troubling. Twice now when I have been parked, with the vehicle in drive and my foot on the brake, the vehicle starts bucking or chucking. The first time it happened the person in the car next to me could see it bouncing from outside the vehicle. I have had it to the dealer twice as it is still under warranty but so far they haven't been able to recreate the problem. Was wondering if anybody else has had this happen to them and, if so, what was causing it. I would appreciate any and all input.

I think it could be the torque converter locking and unlocking. I have had this on rare occasions when the RPMs are just at a certain level. Possibly a cleaning of the throttle plate my help. Ed

Upvote 0
If it happens again, pull out your phone and record the behaviour. Check to see if any error messages pop up, and pay attention to the RPMs. This way, you have video evidence of the problem occurring and you won't have to rely on the dealership to recreate the issue.

It might also help to note other factors like outside temp, driving habits, cold start, recent service, etc. for next time.

Upvote 0
Once last summer while at a traffic light my 2019 CX-9 GT FWD began to idle roughly but when I drove off everything was fine. Never did it again. RPM's were up and down during this period but not to an extreme as I recall. I don't drive it very often as I'm retired but will pay more attention in the future. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0
Just throwing this out there, what kind of gas is being used? Does the bucking problem occur over multiple gas tanks? Is it happening regularly or only under certain conditions… Cold temps, hot, only after a cold start?

Upvote 0
Back