2019 CX-9 battery dies after 4 days

joeeey

:
2019 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Hi Guys,

I have 240mA parasitic draw with all aftermarket accessories disconnected. If the truck sits for about 4 days in the cold the battery voltage drops to about 11.8 volts and I have to boost it. Charging is fine and battery tests good once charged. 200 mA is way to high for a parasitic draw.

Anyone else have any issues?

What he said. We dont have any aftermarket accessories that draw power & I think that got us the other day after being parked outside on a very cold night. No problems since. I plan to check battery health this week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I Have a Mazda 5, Had a Parasite 350 mA draw on Battery intermittently. Problem turned out to be Bluetooth module . It was the unit to pair an iphone to the Radio . I had issues with the interface would ask me " do you want to pair a phone " with out pushin a button! I troubleshoot it down to the Room Fuse " 15 AMP. After that I gave it to a mechanic , took him 3 hrs to find. but it was worth it.

Upvote 0
There is a TSB for the power liftgate control module and it draws too much juice when sitting. You may want to investigate that. I had a similar issue on my CX5. No more dead batteries after it was replaced.

Upvote 0
Back