2019 CX-5 Signature, whistling noise on highway or high speeds

Update: took a leaf blower and put it close to the door around the areas mentioned in the above post referring to https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10201775-0001.pdf and noticed a distinct difference in the pitch of the sound (probably should of had someone else do it while I was inside). I grabbed some door window insulation roll at Home Depot which had the sticky tape on one side and stuck it under the door insulation in the areas stated in the above .pdf (just slightly going around the fasteners) that seemed to push the factory seal up for a tighter fit. So far I haven't heard it again but only had a couple times that I was in the high wind areas. I have a lot of the insulation roll left in case I need to adjust it more.

Attachments

• seal.jpg
    seal.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 184
  • weatherseal.jpg
    weatherseal.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 177
I just experienced this with my '17 last week. There were wicked crosswind gusts for about 80 miles, and if I drove above 70mph or so and into a 25 mph headwind, when the cross wind gusted in one direction or the other, alternately the driver and passenger doors would whistle exactly where the TB indicated. I will try the weather stripping bump fix first! Thanks to both members for posting TB and DIY fix!

BTW, my mpg dropped from a normal freeway driving of 31 to 20 on the dash computer for that trip. It was the equivalent of driving 95 mph for that stretch,

I just experienced this with my '17 last week. There were wicked crosswind gusts for about 80 miles, and if I drove above 70mph or so and into a 25 mph headwind, when the cross wind gusted in one direction or the other, alternately the driver and passenger doors would whistle exactly where the TB indicated. I will try the weather stripping bump fix first! Thanks to both members for posting TB and DIY fix!

BTW, my mpg dropped from a normal freeway driving of 31 to 20 on the dash computer for that trip. It was the equivalent of driving 95 mph for that stretch,
I went through about 40 to 50 miles of a strong sand/wind storm last week in Cal/AZ and never heard it so it appears to be working.

Back