2019 CX-5. High pitch whine

Passafire

What is the "door open" reminder sound supposed to sound like? I have a week old CX-5 and this noise can't possibly be the intended sound.

When I park and turn off the car and open the door, for about 3 seconds there is this very faint but very noticible high pitch whine sound coming from the vehicle. It stops after maybe 3 seconds after opening the door.

I assumed this is supppsed to be your typical "hey dummy door is open, and dont forget your key!" Sound... But it sounds too faint for that.

Sounds basically exactly like a war movie after an explosion trying to replicate what happens to a soldiers eardrum... Best I can explain it!

There should be no sound when you open the door unless you left the fob in the car, then it's a bell type sound that lasts for about 5 seconds.
I don't think there's a door open reminder.

What is the "door open" reminder sound supposed to sound like? I have a week old CX-5 and this noise can't possibly be the intended sound.

When I park and turn off the car and open the door, for about 3 seconds there is this very faint but very noticible high pitch whine sound coming from the vehicle. It stops after maybe 3 seconds after opening the door.

I assumed this is supppsed to be your typical "hey dummy door is open, and dont forget your key!" Sound... But it sounds too faint for that.

Sounds basically exactly like a war movie after an explosion trying to replicate what happens to a soldiers eardrum... Best I can explain it!

Is it like the sound a tube TV would make when turning it on but louder? Could be capacitor whine, electrical issue. Does it occur if you turn off the dome lights? Does it only happen if the vehicle has been recently turned off? So if you get in, close the door, wait 5 seconds, and open the door, is it still making the sound?

Is it like the sound a tube TV would make when turning it on but louder? Could be capacitor whine, electrical issue. Does it occur if you turn off the dome lights? Does it only happen if the vehicle has been recently turned off? So if you get in, close the door, wait 5 seconds, and open the door, is it still making the sound?

This is what I'm wondering too. The CX-9 makes a similar sound (high-pitched ringing tone) when it's shut off, and from what I understand it could be something to do with an electronic component shutting down or the fuel pump shutting down. In both cases, I think it's normal, at least on the CX-9.

Testing at my lunch break but I'm fairly sure it's only occurring right when the car is shut off, it may not have anything to do with the door itself and maybe just timing of me turning it off and opening the door that made me think it was the door.

Dome light is on the auto setting currently, I'll try turning it off completely and see if anything changes!

Testing at my lunch break but I'm fairly sure it's only occurring right when the car is shut off, it may not have anything to do with the door itself and maybe just timing of me turning it off and opening the door that made me think it was the door.

Dome light is on the auto setting currently, I'll try turning it off completely and see if anything changes!

There's been numerous posts about noises after shutting the car off. Some say it's the fuel pump, others that it's the fans, etc.

After some further checking, it doesn't have to do with opening the door at all, the sound just becomes more noticible with the door open. Its only occuring right after the car is turned off.

I'm now thinking its just the fuel pump or something similar shutting down and probably normal :)

it's the fuel pump on mine....... high pitch whine.............. happens everytime
even if I re-start and turn off within a minute.........

kind of weird never heard fuel pump noise that loud with other vehicles.........

I don*t know what it is, but all the skyactiv vehicles I*ve owned and still own do this. The whining is followed by a clicking.

Yeah mine does the high pitched whine for a good 10-15 seconds before I hear a single click, then silence.

Back