2019 CX-5 AWD Jacking Points?

Anyone know where the front and rear jacking points are? Photos?

I’m planning on installing an Autoexe Lower Arm Brace (Rear). Also, my car has a hitch.

This’s for gen-1 CX-5, but it should also applicable to gen-2 CX-5:

B83CE9EE-92A4-4F06-972E-A839ACB6AFCB.png

And:

How to jack up your CX-5

Point out the jacking points for me - please (photos)

CX-5 rear jack point question

Upvote 0
PSA: don't use hockey puck or something similar would happen.

Watched the original video. Owner explained jack didn't fail but the puck slipped.

Upvote 0
What jacks are you guys using? Any recommendations?

get the Harbor Freight Daytona line in your budget / color choice:

so good.. they got sued over it

seriously all the llantera shops around here use them, and for a DIY person it is highly doubtful you would ever wear one out.

having a slow day you can read the court case here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Watched the original video. Owner explained jack didn't fail but the puck slipped.

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark...

Looks like the dog had more sense than the jack operator.

Upvote 0
get the Harbor Freight Daytona line in your budget / color choice:

so good.. they got sued over it

having a slow day you can read the court case here:
FYI, only the YELLOW Daytona is a copy of the snapon. The others are different. This one never goes on sale :(

Upvote 0
FYI, only the YELLOW Daytona is a copy of the snapon. The others are different. This one never goes on sale :(

But it says “Instant Savings” ends 4/8 for $199.99 dropped from $229.99. I wonder if you still can find 20% off coupon nowadays at Harbor Freight Tools.

They hide it so you'll need to manually go and find it.
20% coupon

Upvote 0
So even you can no longer find one like before? :(

three options

1) 3rd party site like (spoiler no 20% off coupon):

2) load the harborfreight app on your phone, the coupon is in there (maybe).

there is even a 3rd party coupon only app:

3) Get even more coupons through text messages* To get coupons and sales alerts via text message from Harbor Freight, text the word TOOLS6 to 222377

even more discussion here:

or

like this gem:
"The checker at HF yesterday told me that the 20% off coupons have been discontinued permanently. She said corporate had decided the coupons were unprofitable and is focusing on getting customers into the paid membership, $30/yr to be eligible for the yellow tag prices."

I foresee phone number sharing coming soon to discussions like this (think netflix login sharing). If you and your pal go in on $30 ; then you can each use the single phone number for the discount coupons for "members only" -- I used my dad's from another state no problem last year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

If you look he is using TWO pucks.. the blue insert directly in the jack and then a hockey puck stacked on top of that.. The blue insert stayed in place, the black hockey puck on top of that did not, it slid off.

notice at 4:21 in the full video that there are two devices on the jack

if you are going to use an insert (to reduce scratches / marring) only use one. You can buy the pre-cut ones... https://tinyurl.com/286nm9k7

If you are saving a few nickels and using the hockey puck method.. only use ONE.

read through the arm chair mechanics comments on the video from 2017.. you can hear the crunching as the pads were compressing [ill fitting] right at the first under load lift pump of the jack. My guess .. he did it for the views (wanted to go viral).... he did finish the video.

he did get it fixed

"no specific jack points.." that is hilarious!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Plus he wasn't paying attention. The entire side of the car was rising, the rear wheel lifted right off the ramp. I would have stopped if I saw what was happening.

Upvote 0
I put a hockey puck on the lift point of my floor jack but I secured it by running a countersunk bolt through it. I only use the jack on the jacking points illustrated by yrwei52. One of these days I'll buy the adapters for the pinch weld jacking points.

Upvote 0
I put a hockey puck on the lift point of my floor jack but I secured it by running a countersunk bolt through it. I only use the jack on the jacking points illustrated by yrwei52. One of these days I'll buy the adapters for the pinch weld jacking points.
Why do people use hockey pucks? Are they more accessible than a piece of 2x4? I never had a problem with wood when I needed a spacer, plus it's soft enough that the jack bites into it and doesn't allow it to slip. A hard slippery puck seems like a bad idea...

Upvote 0
Why do people use hockey pucks? Are they more accessible than a piece of 2x4? I never had a problem with wood when I needed a spacer, plus it's soft enough that the jack bites into it and doesn't allow it to slip. A hard slippery puck seems like a bad idea...

Most homeowners will have scrap lumber of some sort laying around. Folks who live in an apartment, or similar, may not.

Upvote 0
Back