2018 CX-5 liftgate not opening

Does the latch move when you try to manually open it from the inside? If it does, it may be helpful to have someone try to pull the liftgate open from the outside, while you lift the latch and try to push it from outside.
The latch does move just enough for the gate to move about a 1/4” but it won’t open. I’m going to try the push or pull this afternoon.

Well we have to chock this one up to operator error and bad eyesight. When I wired up my cameras last week I reversed two fuses (a yellow 20A and an almost yellow, orange 5A) in the fuse block. The 5A blew but because it is the new Low Profile Mini fuse (3/8" x 1/4" bastard) I didn't see the rating or that it was blown. My Fluke meter solved the electrical problem. Now to figure out why the manual release didn't work. 🤪

Thanks for the input guys!

Before taking it to the dealer do this. Remove the negative battery terminal and wait a few minutes then put back and tighten. Try the hatch.
That's the hatch reset.

Fixed mine and somebody else's on this forum
My wife accidentally turned the running lights on while she grocery shopped. Whn she tried to load the groceries the liftgate would not open but the car started. Discovered the lights still on, turned off and let engine run for 30 minutes. Liftgate still would not respond. Disconnected the battery for 30 seconds, reconnected and instantly the liftgate opened. Thanks for this solution!

2018 CX-5 GT. Pulled just the ROOM fuse and it's fixed. This is much easier than disconnecting the battery. Did not see D.LOCK.

Back