2018 CX-5 Honks when locked ONCE

I got a remote start installed and at first it didn't work properly (just would never turn over on the first try). I use the OEM fob, lock-lock-lock OR lock-unlock-lock to start it. After they fixed the remote start, my car has been honking the FIRST time I lock or unlock it, so no matter the sequence, the damn thing honks very loudly 4 times when using the remote start - 3x to start, and then once more when I unlock it to get in. How do I fix this??? It's incredibly obnoxious, and I understand that it may not be possible to turn off the honk altogether, but how do I manage to turn it off on the first lock/unlock? Thank you!

Besides cz5gt's suggestion, do you really need it to honk and do the flashing lights as lock/unlock indicators work normally?

You can get into the settings menu and shut off the horn. I did that on mine. I find it annoying and unnecessary and no need to disturb my neighbors or others when I can see the lights, and most of the time don't even use the fob to lock/unlock anyway.

Upvote 0
Back