2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Leather Seat Issue

Mine looked like that the second day. I assumed that the cushion was not stitched down like the previous gen. I marched right back to the dealer, grabbed about 5 keys for the GTs and went to look at every one thinking i got a defect. Every new one on the lot had the center cushion just like yours/mine and everyone elses.

I assume that its double stitched, but not connected to the cushion to better vent, give slack to avoid pulling and/or assist in heating function by giving breathing room so to speak.

Hmmmm, here's my 2014 GT driver's leather seat after 58,000 miles and 4-1/2 years. I'm the only driver and I weigh 200 pounds.

FrontSeat.jpg

Oooh shiny..... My buddy has the KE GT and his seats were almost brown because he doesnt care for them at all. I really like Adams leather cleaner and conditioner. Brought my miata leather back to life and keeps my parchment interior in my 6 nice and supple.

Neither do I. Looks normal compared to the lumpy one posted above.

I've only had my brand new 2018 CX-5 for a week, and now the driver's seat is already wrinkling and getting pumpy.

Anyone else having same issue soon after about a week?

Thank you.

My 2017 (October mfg) is the same - it has a bulge in the leather. I haven't been to the dealer, as the only real fix is a seat replacement. The cushion (foam) is fine - but the leather cover was made a bit to large (my diagnosis).

I wouldn't want a service tech disassembling the seat as i dont think that would fix it. if someone sees a dealer, let me know what they say.

My 2017 (October mfg) is the same - it has a bulge in the leather. I haven't been to the dealer, as the only real fix is a seat replacement. The cushion (foam) is fine - but the leather cover was made a bit to large (my diagnosis).

I wouldn't want a service tech disassembling the seat as i dont think that would fix it. if someone sees a dealer, let me know what they say.

They would probably need to fully disassemble including power & heating function. Is it really worth all the extra hassle (uhm)

I don't mind those slight creases. Mazda seats are comfi compared to other leather seats. I guess they have to make the foam of leather seats stiffer because leather is a harder material compared to fabric hence the reason why most cars with stock leather seats are too firm. The crease in our leather seats must mean the foams are softer hence a better seating experience.

I noticed the bulge in mine when I bought it. Maybe it is extra material to counter any stretching as the foam gives. It could be a defect. It would be nice to be able to email Mazda a picture as I am sure the dealer is clueless unless I am not the first to report it.

I noticed the bulge in mine when I bought it. Maybe it is extra material to counter any stretching as the foam gives. It could be a defect. It would be nice to be able to email Mazda a picture as I am sure the dealer is clueless unless I am not the first to report it.

Live chat them and send photo that way

Just a thought; are the seats complaints coming from areas that have had the very cold temps this winter? Any warmer weather complaints?

I don’t have this issue but the coldest we’ve gotten so far this winter is 18F.

Back