2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Leather Seat Issue

Though I would post an update. My issue came back with the bubble forming on the bottom cushion. My dealership escalated the issue with Mazda Canada and after a couple of visits tot he dealership, they will be replacing the entire bottom section of the seat with a newer production run of the seat where they apparently fixed this issue.

Though I would post an update. My issue came back with the bubble forming on the bottom cushion. My dealership escalated the issue with Mazda Canada and after a couple of visits tot he dealership, they will be replacing the entire bottom section of the seat with a newer production run of the seat where they apparently fixed this issue.

Maybe it is the pictures but for the life of me, in your before and after pictures, I don't see anything that is that bad. Do you have any more pics?

IMO the risk of replacing only the seat bottom is the grain and pattern of the leather on new seat bottom may be a little different from the leather of the original seat back as each batch of leather will be different most of time.

Theres a TSB for this issue. Hopefully those gen-2 CX-5 owners who dissatisfy the bubble leather seat can get the problem resolved based on the TSB under warranty.

IMO the risk of replacing only the seat bottom is the grain and pattern of the leather on new seat bottom may be a little different from the leather of the original seat back as each batch of leather will be different most of time.

There*s a TSB for this issue. Hopefully those gen-2 CX-5 owners who dissatisfy the *bubble* leather seat can get the problem resolved based on the TSB under warranty.

The current TSB acknowledges the issue, but says there is no fix yet, but there should be one in 30-90 days. That was dated May.

Back