2017 CX-5 rear trunk long horizontal chrome trim , yea or nay ?

Nay for me, I usually stay away from chrome accessories lol The less chrome the better, I've been trying to do something about the big chrome grill up front but I don't want to plasti dip it tho as that makes it look a bit ghetto, I'll figure something out.

seems ok, looks like the new trend now, I see Porsche models have this chrome across and going into the rear lights....

CX-9 without the break looks better though IMHO, whats the deal the trunk hinge bumps now (green arrows) on both CX9 and Cx5's, is it a design element or they beefed up the hardware for automatic liftgates ?

Last edited:
I liked it when Tesla started doing it. Now ford started with the fusion with that chrome. It made men not like it as much anymore. It's the new "trend" you see coming out with many other cars now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the deal the trunk hinge bumps now (green arrows) on both CX9 and Cx5's, is it a design element or they beefed up the hardware for automatic liftgates ?

Geometry and packaging / styling

Hinges need to be located parallel to open the hatch smoothly and be positioned so that the body panels clear each other in the full range of motion. I'm going to say that the over all sleeker styling is at play.

Back