2017 CX-5 rear bumper guard.

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
I found this rear bumper guard: https://www.sportwing.com/RBP-005-M...S3t3vv3Eam4ILv6HpPtIgnNL_C6Uzx9QaAmauEALw_wcB

The strange thing is, the website says it fits 2013 to 2017. I can't believe this would fit 2 different generations. Has anyone tried this guard yet?
8e8e9269fafd9b5d55f972a27d4aa606.jpg

Hello! Just applied this to my new 2017 cx-5 three days ago. It does indeed fit. Since the 2017 MY is more curved, the middle part of the guard was arching up a little bit. I put firm pressure along the length of the guard to make sure it was stuck onto the bumper. So far, it hasn't lifted up yet. I'll take some pictures and post them up soon!

Hello! Just applied this to my new 2017 cx-5 three days ago. It does indeed fit. Since the 2017 MY is more curved, the middle part of the guard was arching up a little bit. I put firm pressure along the length of the guard to make sure it was stuck onto the bumper. So far, it hasn't lifted up yet. I'll take some pictures and post them up soon!
Thank you!

Pictures attached! I did buy mine from Amazon. It was ship and sold by Sportwings. RBP-005 Rear Bumper Protector made by Dawn Enterprises.

There is a small gap between the edge of the protector and the lip of the cargo door (see picture). It is not flush to the edge. It does protect 95% of the surface of the rear bumper.

IMG_3254.JPG
image3.JPG
image2.JPG
image1.JPG

Last edited:
I had the 3m film applied to the same spot on my rear bumper when I had the hood, and front bumper treated.

how has this bumper guard help up so far? im thinking of getting one for my 2018 cx5 but i see on the site it says you cannot use if the vehicle has power lift gate? does it interfere with the door when it opens? also from the image it looks like the guard covers the edge of the bumper towards the ground, is that accurate? id like it to cover that part too.

Back