2017 CX-5 Leather Seat Wrinkling

tc020791

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GS AWD
I've only had my brand new CX-5 for a week now and the driver's seat is already wrinkling. Is anyone else having this problem so soon after purchasing their vehicle? If so, have you found anything that has been able to remove them? Thanks in advance for any responses.

I've only had my brand new CX-5 for a week now and the driver's seat is already wrinkling. Is anyone else having this problem so soon after purchasing their vehicle? If so, have you found anything that has been able to remove them? Thanks in advance for any responses.

No... our 2015 Mazda 6 has over 85k KM on it and no wrinkling... just a bit of wear.

Your case is not normal unless you’re just doing something destructive to your seat when you get in or out.

Send pics. Preferably Driver and passenger seats which should show if the wrinkle is acceptable.

Also I have a GT which is said to be real leather. Black and it shows wrinkles too but That is just normal wear. I dont know about the Faux leather in GS. I would assume they show less cracking/wrinkling than the real ones.

I am no Leather expert. Just my opinion.

Send pics. Preferably Driver and passenger seats which should show if the wrinkle is acceptable.

Also I have a GT which is said to be real leather. Black and it shows wrinkles too but That is just normal wear. I dont know about the Faux leather in GS. I would assume they show less cracking/wrinkling than the real ones.

I am no Leather expert. Just my opinion.

I thought the GS was just a GT minus some of the electronic nannies? Didn't think it had different seats.

Yes. 2017 seats can look a bit shabby if Im brutally honest. I have registered a concern with my dealer but the only option so far is the KE model fix where the dealer irons them. Its only as good as the person on the iron and can ruin the seats. I took some photos which Ill put up. Ill add the TSB if I can dig it out.

How do you add photos to the wretched app?

6_D874_EAA-301_C-40_CE-834_B-_C3_B2745731_DC.jpg

99_B0_AE83-8706-41_CC-_A612-930_C9535_EFC9.jpg

TSB on wrinkled seats. This is general but the 2017 CX-5 has a slightly different case. They are more like the baggy appearance of some leather sofas.

While we are on the leather seat topic, what do you guys use to clean / remove smell from GT leather seats?

While we are on the leather seat topic, what do you guys use to clean / remove smell from GT leather seats?

Been using this on my leather seats (current Mazda 6 and previous car) for last 10 years with no issues:

qs-apl500.png

Back