2017 CX-5 GT wipers suck

My wipers on the 17 just started to squeak and chatter the past week or so. I went to OReillys and got the Bosch Focus blades. Only a couple of days on them so far but they work as advertised.

Like Bosch Envision blades, Bosch Focus blades require special hook adapter to install for gen-2 CX-5. Bosch AeroTwin series are designed to exactly meet OEM specs, hence no special hook adapter is needed. Besides, its $29.99 each for Focus, which is almost twice as more expensive than AeroTwin for $32.62 a pair with shipping.

The Focus blades I got had the adapters included. Both ran just over $40. The store was having a special.

Anyway its done.

Went to NAPA today and picked the front wipers for $26. they are top lock, no adapter required.

Wiper blades were just delivered today from amazon UK (few days earlier than expected) I’ll wait for either my wife to need replacements on her CX-9 or my CX-5. Since my car only has 3k miles and hers 11k, it may take awhile.

Wiper blades were just delivered today from amazon UK (few days earlier than expected) I’ll wait for either my wife to need replacements on her CX-9 or my CX-5. Since my car only has 3k miles and hers 11k, it may take awhile.
I thought the length of wiper blades between CX-5 and CX-9 is different. CX-9 uses longer blades, at least on driver side.

Please do post some pictures after you installed these new Bosch AeroTwin blades.

I was basing the CX-9 comment solely on the fact the amazon website says it fits our 2018 CX-9 and our 2019 CX-5. I can look into that a bit more.

I’ll definitely post pics when I install them.

Perfect time for a Project Farm video:

If you are not familiar with this channel (not my own) the host is no nonsense straight forward testing of everyday items.

Set of the Aerotwin delivered today, also a few days earlier than expected. Box says:

Mazda
6 (GL)
CX-5 (KF)

If I'm reading the icons correctly, not for right hand drive vehicles.

Made in Serbia

Connector is marked with a "6"

I received my pair yesterday. Same packaging as above. Amazon's shipping is weird. My default shipping address is my PO Box as there is no residential delivery here. The order was rejected so I switched to my street address, figuring that it would ship via UPS or FedEx. It went from the UK via UPS to a freight terminal at LAX and then was forwarded to the local post office where it ended up in my PO box anyway.

I received my pair yesterday. Same packaging as above. Amazon's shipping is weird. My default shipping address is my PO Box as there is no residential delivery here. The order was rejected so I switched to my street address, figuring that it would ship via UPS or FedEx. It went from the UK via UPS to a freight terminal at LAX and then was forwarded to the local post office where it ended up in my PO box anyway.
I wonder if a physical address is required for international shipments.

I ordered a pair of the Bosch Blades for my 2019 GTR from https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and they arrived today. They are the correct sizes and have the correct fittings. I'll wait till I experience issues with the OEM before I put them on.

Here's the box and BTW, they shipped from an Amazon warehouse in Connecticut. It took a couple of weeks to get them.

Bosch Wipers for CX5.jpg

The pictures on Amazon are correct. Bosch AeroTwin wiper blades apparently are vehicle specific on hook-up adapter. The one selling at Amazon with Bosch part no. 3397118979 is designed specifically for most Euro vehicles such as Audi、VW、and some Mercedes Benz and BMWs. So only Bosch AeroTwin part no. 3397014398 is designed for gen-2 CX-5 with Mazdas proprietary hook-up adapter and correct blade length.

I'm confused. I just went to the Bosch website, clicked on the AeroTwin link, entered my vehicle info and it said that the AeroTwin was "incompatible" with my 2018 CX-5. What am I missing here???

I'm confused. I just went to the Bosch website, clicked on the AeroTwin link, entered my vehicle info and it said that the AeroTwin was "incompatible" with my 2018 CX-5. What am I missing here???
Which aerotwin version are you looking it? You certain it is this link?

I'm going to try to get through the winter on my OEMs, but I just test fit the Bosch A 398 S driver's side on my 2017. Too dark to take a pic, but it fit fine. Super easy to change.

Which aerotwin version are you looking it? You certain it is this link?

I can only see one AeroTwin version, which is the link I put my vehicle info into. On another note I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either of the 2 winter wipers listed on the Bosch link...the "Snow Driver" or the "Winter Wiper".

Anyone know if it's a big deal to go to a longer blade? Some types don't come in exact size. The rear is 14". Curious of these silicone type that are out and it comes in 16".

Has anyone tried the NAPA house branded ExactFit WIP6024FZ and WIP6018FZ. These appear to have the Mazda OE attachment without the need for adapters. I'm guessing these are made by Trico - but not certain.

Just purchased a set for wifes 2018 CX5, oem blades were starting to separate at the ends. These are a few notes with literally 2 mins of install and a few test wipes of the windshield.

Pro: easy attachment with correct fitting
Different Wiper if you dislike oem.

Cons: more expensive cost compared to oem blade inserts
Higher profile attachment(bulkier design compared to oem)

Back