2017 CX-5 downshift at highway speed

BF0419

:
2017 CX-5
2017 CX-5 with 37K; Driving on interstate yesterday at 70-75 mph and all of a sudden "down shifted" 4 times and I could not accelerate out of it. Almost felt like it was falling out of gear but would not respond to acceleration--traffic behind and traffic beside me as I tried to get to shoulder. This all happened in about a 15 second time frame and then corrected. It felt like I was being hit from the rear--kind of a jolt. No messages popped up on the computer so I am not sure that the dealer will be able to track it down. Ran fine for next 50 miles to finish trip---anyone experience anything like this?

2017 CX-5 with 37K; Driving on interstate yesterday at 70-75 mph and all of a sudden "down shifted" 4 times and I could not accelerate out of it. Almost felt like it was falling out of gear but would not respond to acceleration--traffic behind and traffic beside me as I tried to get to shoulder. This all happened in about a 15 second time frame and then corrected. It felt like I was being hit from the rear--kind of a jolt. No messages popped up on the computer so I am not sure that the dealer will be able to track it down. Ran fine for next 50 miles to finish trip---anyone experience anything like this?
Driving on interstate yesterday at 70-75 mph, was the highway flat or youre going uphill? "Down shifted" 4 times, are you saying the transmission down-shifted from 6th to 2nd gear since you said there was a jolt? What was the RPM when this down shift happened?

One time mine got randomly "stuck" in 4th on the highway after I downshifted to get ready to pass. When I increased throttle it lugged. I had to pull off and restart. No codes or anything

Driving on interstate yesterday at 70-75 mph, was the highway flat or youre going uphill? "Down shifted" 4 times, are you saying the transmission down-shifted from 6th to 2nd gear since you said there was a jolt? What was the RPM when this down shift happened?

The interstate was straight and flat, and I was not using cruise control. It felt like a jolt because it seemed like it downshifted for a few seconds and then came back into correct gear for a few seconds and then did it again and again--accelerator would not respond. I didn't take note of the RPM's--was just trying to get out of the way of traffic. Finally, it came back to correct highway gear and no more issues for remainder of trip. Took it to dealer yesterday and there were no codes, so they couldn't offer a repair on what they can't find. Driving just fine now.

Back