2017 CX-5 Dashboard (Speedometer and tachometer)

pguindon

:
CX-5 2017
Hello All, just purchased a new 207 Cx-5 GT and loving it so far.

I have one question about the Speedometer and tachometer that I wanted to ask the forums before I call the dealership. Around each of the gauges, there is what looks like a peice of of clear tape in the outer part of the circle, making each marking look somewhat distorted. I this a standard thing? i've attached a few pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20180128_172640.jpg
    IMG_20180128_172640.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 544
  • IMG_20180128_172656.jpg
    IMG_20180128_172656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 368
  • IMG_20180128_172654.jpg
    IMG_20180128_172654.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 296
Looks similar to the plastic screen protector on a recently purchased smartphone...

In manufacturing? because there is a plastic cover in front. So if there is a plastic tape around it, i can't get to it without taking apart the whole assembly.

Last edited:
In manufacturing? because there is a plastic cover in front. So if there is a plastic tape around it, i can't get to it without taking apart the whole assembly.

If that is the case then sounds like a manufacturing fault. Take it back to the dealer and get them to resolve the issue

Just looks like reflections to me. Am I missing something (uhm)

Try turning down the brightness some. The more light at night hinders your night vision. I’m thinking yours is at maximum brightness.

Try turning down the brightness some. The more light at night hinders your night vision. I’m thinking yours is at maximum brightness.

Makes sense. Can make it quite dim as most of the important information is projected on the Active Drive Display (HUD) anway

OMG, on the Facebook page earlier somebody wondered if the dash lights “breathing” was due to a fault. Now all the effort that has gone into creating a visual effect is confused with tape!!

As a matter of interest, they spend a huge amount of money getting the design of the instrument cluster looking right. These new ones have illuminated needles, very evenly back lit dials and many other visual effects that can literally sell a car.

Back