2017 CX-5 Bose Subwoofer Replacement

You have plans on adding sound deadener underneath it? I'm going to use Dynamat Xtreme.

I do. I have a lot of leftover noico from my previous car. I'll be doing the entire trunk xD whenever I decide to get an interior ambient lighting kit, I'll probably dampen the doors too. With these subwoofers, I'll be damping the spare tire as well.

Seems like an easy DIY project, I am going to do this for sure but I think I'll get the Rockville RockGhost one, it is rated higher and costs less. Any opinions on this?
Update I have purchased the JBL Bass Pro Hub, hope to install it tomorrow.
Also ordered JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW 2 channel speaker output convertor cable and EFXPA8BX Amplifier wiring kit from Crutchfield.

Update I have purchased the JBL Bass Pro Hub, hope to install it tomorrow.
Also ordered JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-SW 2 channel speaker output convertor cable and EFXPA8BX Amplifier wiring kit from Crutchfield.

Let us know how it sounds. Still haven't installed mine.

Let us know how it sounds. Still haven't installed mine.
Sounds great, a major improvement from the Bose 5" tweeter sized woofer that was in there. I had some extra help from a CX 5 FB group member via Messenger with wiring diagrams for my model and helpful knowledge as I classify myself a beginner at wiring. I'm attaching how I did the install.
NOTE : THIS IS FOR A 2019 CX 5 GTR, other models and years will be different.

Attachments

• Basspro Hub Install.pdf
    902.9 KB · Views: 2,239
Last edited:
Thank you for the great info. Very helpful. My only question is: why didn’t you tap directly into the wires to the Bose subwoofer and utilize the high level inputs on the JBL subwoofer. That way you wouldn’t have to remove the seat and tap into and wire a remote wire.

Thank you for the great info. Very helpful. My only question is: why didn’t you tap directly into the wires to the Bose subwoofer and utilize the high level inputs on the JBL subwoofer. That way you wouldn’t have to remove the seat and tap into and wire a remote wire.
As I said, my skills are beginner level so I had someone from the Mazda FB group coach me along. Here is his recommendation :
If you have a 17 up with bose, you would need to connect/t-in something that will take the low level, unprocessed signal from the TAU before it gets to the amp. Otherwise if you grab the amped wire for the sub, it will be a modified signal that won't sound good with anything else as it was tuned just for the Bose woofer.... It can't produce really low frequencies and Bose made sure that it wouldn't see them... I am just glad you tied in at the amp instead of the connector at the sub.... You would have been very dissaponted.

Good news, JBL hub fits with half inch of space between the cover. Bad news, screw rod needs to be cut an inch. No biggie, an easy fix. Can't wait to get this baby installed.
What year CX5 do you have? I have a 2016.5 and the basspro doesn't fit. It sticks out above the spare tire too much, preventing the trunk floor laying flat. Did you have to use something to lift the trunk floor a little?

Back