2017 CX-5 autodimming mirror

:
2017 CX-5 Touring
I have searched for this answer but I cannot find the specific answer. Forgive me if it’s out there somewhere. I have a 2017 CX-5 Touring. No preferred package. I do not have autodimming mirror. I want to add one but here’s my question. What is the model number mirror for my car? When I go to the Mazda parts sites it lists the frameless one as the one but others say it will not work and that’s not the one that came stock on the early gen 2 cars. I think the stock autodimming mirror on 17-18 is the framed one below. Can someone confirm that? If that is the case how do I get that specific one? In the pic below you can see that model number for the framed mirror is for >2013 models. Does that mean it will be plug and play at the bottom of the A pillar connection?

CLIFF NOTES- I want the autodimming mirror for my 2017 non preferred package. I would like the framed one. Is that the correct for my model year?does anyone have exact part number? I’d like to but it somewhere else beside dealer to save some money.
THANKS for your help guys.
D120C142-8F19-4DD7-9109-B2E0EF0955BC.jpeg
1AC540F2-DCD5-41C6-82AB-FDD0E6BF325B.jpeg

Yes. I have a '17 GT, and the mirror looks like the one in your 1st pic.
It came with my GT. Sorry, I have no part number.
Did you check mazdaparts.org for info?

From this page, the frameless one should work also.

The issue is the wiring.
Instruction for 8C-R06 is here.

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming which one you have. I have looked at mazdaparts.org and other sites. Some say the frameless are only for 19+ and others don't mention it.
I would just prefer the framed as you have. It’s confusing that cannot find one except for ebay etc. I may just call the dealer or contact one of the mazda part sites for help.

I wonder if the stock 17-18 (framed) one comes with plug n play wiring. Not that the wire taps are hard or anything. I’m just curious.
Thanks again for the help.

Hard to say. Your Touring might not have the wiring ready for plug-n-play as GT does.
I cannot be sure.

I used to install such a mirror to my '08 CX9 myself. Bought the mirror from mazdaparts.org.
It was a Mazda accessory. The instructions were clear enough. At that time, there was no plug-n-play wiring ready at the A-pillar base. I had to route the wires all the way to the left side kick panel.
All I needed were three contact points.
1. constant 12V (for Homerlink)
2. switched 12V (for autodimming)
3. ground (this was easy to find)

Both #1 and #2 can be found inside the kick panel. The instruction told me where they were.

Your risk is:
after you get the part, the instructions might not match you vehicle.
In the worse case, you can do what I did before.... :)

Pulling off the A-pillar trim is tricky.... some people broke the pop-pins inside. I did.
(hint: You need to pop it off by 1 inch, and then, slide upward... you will understand when you read the instructions I posted)

I wonder if the stock 17-18 (framed) one comes with plug n play wiring. Not that the wire taps are hard or anything. I’m just curious.

When we got our 2014, I added the Mazda auto-dim/Homelink mirror (from eBay). It was for a 2013 and was supposed to work with 2014, but I found that they'd changed the position of a wire in the connector for the 2014, so it didn't work. I went tracing through the connections in the wiring diagram and found the changed wire, so I popped it out and moved it and all worked fine after that. (I think I did a thread/post on this, but cannot find it now.)

So it was ALMOST plug and play, apart from one moved wire. If they did that between 2013 & 2014, who knows what's changed since?

(And yes, the mirror looks like the one in your first pic)

UPDATE: Found the post: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...cluded-wiring-harness.123831621/#post-6186557

Thank you for confirming which one you have. I have looked at mazdaparts.org and other sites. Some say the frameless are only for 19+ and others don't mention it.
I would just prefer the framed as you have. It’s confusing that cannot find one except for ebay etc. I may just call the dealer or contact one of the mazda part sites for help.

If you want “framed” auto dimming rearview mirror like the one in 2017 CX-5 GT trim, this’s the one. But for the price you may be better off to get the Mazda genuine accessory “frameless” auto dimming reariew mirror unless you can find one in salvage yard. Since the “frameless” auto dimming mirror from genuine accessory is compatible to all trims, its instruction should have some info about wiring change on different trims if the modification is necessary. Search the web to find instruction sheet.

Mirror Inside - Mazda (KD33-69-220B)
OEM Mazda Mirror Inside For 2011-2019 Mazda. List Price: $354.37 Sale Price: $248.72

Description:
Day/night, auto. Without smart city brakes, with garage opener. Without high beam control, without high beam control. With auto dimming, without smart city brake, with garage opener.

Mirror, Auto-Dimming, Homelink - Mazda (0000-8C-R06)
OEM Mazda Mirror, Auto-Dimming, Homelink For 2017-2020 Mazda CX-5 List Price: $269.95 Sale Price: $224.91

Description:
Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with homelink®. You can program your garage door, entry gates and security lights to operate at the touch of a button. And the smart mirror system with frameless design automatically adjusts to reduce glare from headlights behind you.

b1e4f0ff8076264b0e47f09075b3e06d.png

I have searched for this answer but I cannot find the specific answer. Forgive me if it’s out there somewhere. I have a 2017 CX-5 Touring. No preferred package. I do not have autodimming mirror. I want to add one but here’s my question. What is the model number mirror for my car? When I go to the Mazda parts sites it lists the frameless one as the one but others say it will not work and that’s not the one that came stock on the early gen 2 cars. I think the stock autodimming mirror on 17-18 is the framed one below. Can someone confirm that? If that is the case how do I get that specific one? In the pic below you can see that model number for the framed mirror is for >2013 models. Does that mean it will be plug and play at the bottom of the A pillar connection?

CLIFF NOTES- I want the autodimming mirror for my 2017 non preferred package. I would like the framed one. Is that the correct for my model year?does anyone have exact part number? I’d like to but it somewhere else beside dealer to save some money.
THANKS for your help guys. View attachment 228893View attachment 228894

All of these mirrors are made by Gentex.

You will probably pay a lot more if you purchase it as a Mazda part.

Do a search on ebay, Amazon and any other place you can think of to get the best price for the Gentex of your choice.

You can also go directly to the Gentex web site to see all of their mirrors.

I have installed at least 10 of these over the years because some of my vehicles didn't come with an auto dimming mirror. Plus, the home link is a feature I really love.

Again, use "Gentex mirrors" for your searching.

I think you will find the wiring of these is very simple and I believe you already know that.:)

Back