2016 rear shock mount?

My driver's side rear shock mount on my Mazda cx5 recently cracked. I have been trying to buy a replacement shock mount and I am not having any luck even with the dealer. The dealer was more or less saying I have to buy everything strut and shock to get the mount. Local auto parts stores are saying they can't find it either. I am a novice when it comes to this, but I find it hard to believe I can't find a shock mount. I'm assuming another Mazda model shock mount might work on my Mazda. Has anybody run into this before. Thank you

Do you know if the shock itself hasn't been damaged also.If it is truly only the shock mount then and if can't source elsewhere I'd try a junk yard.Did you see it for yourself or take the word of a trusted mechanic or did the dealer tell you this.

I saw the shock mount myself cracked in half. I removed the two top nuts on the mount and the bolt at the bottom of the shock. If I can't buy a new I guess the only thing left to try would be a junkyard. Thanks for the reply

Basically yes. I only need the mount section of that, but at this point I may have to buy the whole thing? Even on that link, the site doesn't have an option to buy #24 that I could see. I've tried many sites online and I can't seem to find one that sells that.

Since it's not extremely expensive then might as well replace the unit. I doubt you can save a significant amount with junk yard in this instance.

Basically yes. I only need the mount section of that, but at this point I may have to buy the whole thing? Even on that link, the site doesn't have an option to buy #24 that I could see. I've tried many sites online and I can't seem to find one that sells that.
You can easily find #24 rear shock absorber KA0G-289-10G for 2016 CX-5 from many Mazda dealers or online sellers. The OEM shocks will include the top mount you’re looking for, as aftermarket shocks may not. And this mount is not available separately from Mazda for some reason.

2014 Rear Shock Mount

Of course this will make you replace a pair of rear shocks a lot earlier than they should. You may try to get the rear shock mount for 2017 CX-5 and give it a try.

2017 CX-5 Rear Shock Absorber KB7W-287-00B or KL2F-287-00

Last edited:
Back