2016 Non-Bose head unit pinouts

JonW

:
2014->2016->2018 CX-5 AWD Touring, various Miatas
I'm getting ready to install an Alpine KTP-445U Amplifier to boost the power to my recently installed Polk speakers, and after removing the head unit discovered all the plugs are different than they were on my 2014 CX5 and most other Mazdas of recent vintage.

I need to splice into the front speaker wires to go to the amp (I'm leaving the rears alone) to power the new speakers. Does anyone have a service manual that indicates which wires are for the left and right front speakers?

I'm off the the dealer to see if they can print me off a page with that info - if they'll do that I'll post it here for everyone else to use.

In the meantime here's what the back of the 2016 non-Bose head unit looks like: radio_backside_011.jpg

The speaker wires are in either the blue or white longer plugs that are sitting next to each other. Here's what the wiring in those plugs looks like:
large_plug_wires_025.jpg
small_plug_wires_026.jpg

Thanks.

I'm getting ready to install an Alpine KTP-445U Amplifier to boost the power to my recently installed Polk speakers, and after removing the head unit discovered all the plugs are different than they were on my 2014 CX5 and most other Mazdas of recent vintage.

I need to splice into the front speaker wires to go to the amp (I'm leaving the rears alone) to power the new speakers. Does anyone have a service manual that indicates which wires are for the left and right front speakers?

I'm off the the dealer to see if they can print me off a page with that info - if they'll do that I'll post it here for everyone else to use.

In the meantime here's what the back of the 2016 non-Bose head unit looks like: View attachment 211540

The speaker wires are in either the blue or white longer plugs that are sitting next to each other. Here's what the wiring in those plugs looks like:
View attachment 211541
View attachment 211542

Thanks.

i ran into the same problem installing my line out convertor. could not find a 2016 wiring diagram anywhere. i ended up pulling of the plastic molding in between the doors and tapping into the speaker wires there. this is for the rears though, not sure how to find the fronts.

My installer stated with the 2015 diagram, and was able to figure out the line level the wiring and feed a Bit One.

Only issue is without the factory amp music does not mute for nav directions.

After a lot of poking around and getting wiring diagrams, what the parts guy at the dealer told me is correct. The amp is near the right footwell. To get to it you need to take off the glove compartment. The amp seems to have the standard Mazda connector for the speakers, at least it is the same as the Mazda 3 with the Mazda Connect Infotainment system.

I can't get the plug out as it seems the locking tab is on the back of it which you can't reach due to wiring harnesses and other things being in the way. When I figure this out I'll post pictures and instructions...

The pinouts for the speakers are the same as in previous years. See post #2 in this thread.

The colors of the wires have changed in 2016 but the positions in the plug are the same.

To get the plug out I had to take out the amp which required needle nose pliers with a right angle tip to get some clips unhooked from behind that were holding other wires to the unit.

Jon do you know the amps output by chance?
The amps for what? I think I read somewhere that the OEM amp is 22 watts per channel. The Alpine aux amp is 45 watts per channel, or 90 watts in bridge mode.

I might be wrong but I think with the two amps together the wattage is additive, so together they would be 67 watts per channel, or 112 in bridge mode.

2016 pinouts for NON BOSE?

I need Power, Power antenna, Right front +, Right front -, Left front +, left front - Wires

Thank you

I have the 2015 madza 3i sport hatchback. im replacing the 2 front doors speakers to the morel maximo 6 6.5 and also a 4 channel amp and 2 12 inch and a mono block amp and the twk-88. so my question is do I tap in behind the radio or the tuner located on the passenger side kick panel and if so what color are the speaker wires pos/neg for the left and right door speakers. this is the loc ill be using XLCA2 | 2-Channel Line Out Converter with xBOOST Technology and Includes Remote Bass Knob.

Back