2016 Mazda CX-5 clock keeps advancing time

Dohnar

My first time using this site. I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5. No matter what I do to set the clock, it constantly runs 15 minutes fast. Try to outsmart it by setting it 15 minutes early, thinking it will advance to correct setting, but still reverts to running 15 minutes fast. Turned on the GPS sync function, didn't make a difference. We don't have the navigation system. When it first started doing this, it was setting itself to about 7-8 minutes fast, now it has settled in at a steady 15 minutes ahead. Kind of annoying. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

In my 16 Touring the clock seems to advance about 3 minutes and then stay there. I have to walk it back every few weeks.

Make sure you have it set to the proper time zone (not sure it's even possible in the menu but give it a look). I know there's some time zones that are 30 minutes different from ours but not sure if there's any that's 15.

Thank you. I've tried clicking thru the time zones, so looks like it's set correctly. This clock immediately reverts to the 15-minute fast time once the car is restarted. Not something I feel like paying to have fixed since it's out of warranty, but just really annoying. It started by constantly being about 7 minutes fast, now it's up to 15 minutes fast. It's just odd how it reverts back to the 15 minute ahead mark, even when I artificially set the clock 15 minutes slow.

Thank you. I've tried clicking thru the time zones, so looks like it's set correctly. This clock immediately reverts to the 15-minute fast time once the car is restarted. Not something I feel like paying to have fixed since it's out of warranty, but just really annoying. It started by constantly being about 7 minutes fast, now it's up to 15 minutes fast. It's just odd how it reverts back to the 15 minute ahead mark, even when I artificially set the clock 15 minutes slow.

You might want to try getting the dealer to upgrade the firmware to the latest version if you don't have it already.

Mine runs fast too. First 1 min, then few weeks later it becomes 2 min, then few more weeks it becomes 3 min. I think within 6-8 months it gets to 3-4 min. Then it's time to reset for daylight savings so I put the correct time at that point.. and the cycle continues.

Is this happening while driving at any speed, or just when you exceed 88 MPH? Have you checked the Flux Capacitor?
Excellent. Made my day.
To the OP: Tell your dealer about the problem and try and get them to do a free info software upgrade.
What version are you running now?

I always synch clock to GPS. Always correct to the seconds.
If you don't have GPS system, then synching to GPS does not work.

Is this happening while driving at any speed, or just when you exceed 88 MPH? Have you checked the Flux Capacitor?

OP needs to stop adding organic banana peels....downgrade to regular banana peels.

My first time using this site. I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5. No matter what I do to set the clock, it constantly runs 15 minutes fast. Try to outsmart it by setting it 15 minutes early, thinking it will advance to correct setting, but still reverts to running 15 minutes fast. Turned on the GPS sync function, didn't make a difference. We don't have the navigation system. When it first started doing this, it was setting itself to about 7-8 minutes fast, now it has settled in at a steady 15 minutes ahead. Kind of annoying. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.
I own 2014, it gains about a minute every 2 months. Everything I do to change it but the clock it is always Fast :(

I had to laugh when these 2 posts showed up together! Seems Mazda has applied whatever speedup logic they put in the clock to the latest CX-5s!

CX5Funny.jpg

Back