2016 mazda brake issue

Hello all! I'm new to the forum. I have an early model 2016 mazda cx5. The brake light is flashing abs the emergency brake light is on. The car runs fine and I had all 4 rotors and brakes replaced a few months ago.

I was reading that the early 16 cx5s had a rear caliper issue with dragging and setting off these lights. I am way out or warranty as I have 156,533 miles. I know, I drive for my job everywhere lol. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I can't find 2016 cx5 rear brake calipers to replace them or a how to?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all! I'm new to the forum. I have an early model 2016 mazda cx5. The brake light is flashing abs the emergency brake light is on. The car runs fine and I had all 4 rotors and brakes replaced a few months ago.

I was reading that the early 16 cx5s had a rear caliper issue with dragging and setting off these lights. I am way out or warranty as I have 156,533 miles. I know, I drive for my job everywhere lol. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I can't find 2016 cx5 rear brake calipers to replace them or a how to?

Thanks in advance!
Its a known problem for 2016 CX-5. There're several TSBs for this EPB dragging issue which would caused EPB warning lights. Mazda started to replace EPB control module with software fix trying to mask the warning from some thresholds, but eventually have to physically revise the rear disk brake calipers. You did the rear brake job, but failed to replace the factory defective rear disk calipers based on the TSB R052/16C which actually caused rear brake dragging and even the lock-up issue. You need to get a new pair of revised rear calipers which should be available at Mazda dealers. Read TSB R052/16C and you’ll see repair procedures and the list of parts with part number you need.

TSB 04-005/16: Noise from Rear Brakes Due To Brake Drag

TSB R052/16C: Noise from REAR BRAKE/Trace of Rear Brake Dragging

2016 rear brake TSB resolution

Back