2016 CX-5 GT Tech AFS Troubleshooting, Need Help

:
2016 CX-5,GT,TECH
I have an "LED Headlight Warning Light" present. I originally thought the cause was from the DRL going out on my driver side light, after replacing the lights, this was not the case. I brought my vehicle to a mazda service department, and they replaced the lights, but didn't contact me about the existing warning light. Technician said it was showing an AFS Communication Code Error. I had got so used to seeing the AFS on startup that I didn't notice the lights weren't auto aligning on startup like they used to. They are saying it will be at least (3) hours labor to diagnose it, that's not including any replacement parts.

Does anybody have any experience troubleshooting AFS not working at all?

I am assuming it is the AFS module that needs to be replaced. If I replace this, should it clear the warning light, or will it need to be connected to a diagnostic device?

I am assuming it's the module because if it was an actuator I would think the light that had an issue would just be going nuts, not keeping both lights from attempting to orient on startup. These are just guesses though.

I don't have faith in my local Mazda service department, and am trying to fix this issue so i can trade this vehicle in.

I have an "LED Headlight Warning Light" present. I originally thought the cause was from the DRL going out on my driver side light, after replacing the lights, this was not the case. I brought my vehicle to a mazda service department, and they replaced the lights, but didn't contact me about the existing warning light. Technician said it was showing an AFS Communication Code Error. I had got so used to seeing the AFS on startup that I didn't notice the lights weren't auto aligning on startup like they used to. They are saying it will be at least (3) hours labor to diagnose it, that's not including any replacement parts.

Does anybody have any experience troubleshooting AFS not working at all?

I am assuming it is the AFS module that needs to be replaced. If I replace this, should it clear the warning light, or will it need to be connected to a diagnostic device?

I am assuming it's the module because if it was an actuator I would think the light that had an issue would just be going nuts, not keeping both lights from attempting to orient on startup. These are just guesses though.

I don't have faith in my local Mazda service department, and am trying to fix this issue so i can trade this vehicle in.
Just try to clarify, did you get your driver side LED headlight replaced for free? Do you have this ”LED Headlight Warning Light" before the dealer’s work?

Since it’s “AFS Communication Code Error”, I’d start with checking all connectors and wiring harness including fuses related to LED headlights first.

Replacement wasn't free.

Warning light was present before replacing headlight. I didn't notice the AFS not working properly, thought the warning light was present due to the DRL failing.

I verified the fuses, they are good, I will check connections and wiring harness.

I haven't seen this fail, do you know if one of the actuators fail, does it prevent the AFS from functioning? I ask because I doubt both actuators are bad, that's why I am leaning towards the AFS module if it's not a physical connection issue due to the wiring harness or loose connection.

Thanks for the reply. I am not going to drop anymore money related to the lighting system at a service shop. The amount I have already spent just for the DRL is insane.

Replacement wasn't free.

Warning light was present before replacing headlight. I didn't notice the AFS not working properly, thought the warning light was present due to the DRL failing.

I verified the fuses, they are good, I will check connections and wiring harness.

I haven't seen this fail, do you know if one of the actuators fail, does it prevent the AFS from functioning? I ask because I doubt both actuators are bad, that's why I am leaning towards the AFS module if it's not a physical connection issue due to the wiring harness or loose connection.

Thanks for the reply. I am not going to drop anymore money related to the lighting system at a service shop. The amount I have already spent just for the DRL is insane.
Did you solve the problem?

Back