2016 CX-9 Infotainment Screen Overheating issue

So almost everyday now (it’s been hot) when I start the cx-9 the infotainment screen pops up with a message stating it is to hot. Has anyone experienced this and is there a permanent solution to remedy this issue?

So almost everyday now (it’s been hot) when I start the cx-9 the infotainment screen pops up with a message stating it is to hot. Has anyone experienced this and is there a permanent solution to remedy this issue?

How hot is the ambient temp inside the car when this error pops up? As a point of reference, so far this summer, the ambient temp gauge on the instrument cluster has read as high at 41c after leaving the car in the parking lot all day at work. I have never seen that message pop up. Also, I have a clear ceramic tint on my front windshield that helps to block UV, and also helps to keep the cabin a little cooler.

If you're still under warranty, I would take it to the dealership and see if they have ever dealt with this issue in other CX-9s local to you.

We just got it right before covid hit and it’s got 50-55k on it so I think it’s out of warranty. I’ll have to take note to what the temp is next time.

We just got it right before C-19 hit and it’s got 50-55k on it so I think it’s out of warranty. I’ll have to take note to what the temp is next time.

Even if it's just out of warranty, it's still worth a call to the dealership. Sometimes, depending on the dealership, the person you speak to, the mood they are in and the way you speak to them, they may be willing to goodwill the repair or diagnosis. And even if the dealership doesn't help, you can escalate and call Mazda Corporate to see if they can help.

Back