2016 CX-9 Azami on Vossen 22"

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Azami (AUS)
This is my 2016 Australian Mazda CX-9 Azami (Signature equivalent for the US) on Vossen 22". It was a pretty daunting decision making process as there was no guidelines available when it comes to fitment and I had to order the wheels and get it shipped from Miami all the way to Australia. Had it not fit, I would pretty much be screwed because there's no way I could have sold this to anyone else locally due to the aggressive specs (most 22" are for European SUVs but with different PCD).

Fortunately they fit perfectly just fine, so if there is anyone out there who wants to know what you can fit under the Mazda CX-9 TC body, pretty much anything! Those wheel wells are a monster, it can swallow any size/fitment. However I believe if you want to push the limit with an aggressive look without going over-the-top, you can use my choice of fitment spec:

Rims
Vossen
22"x10.5"
PCD 5x114.3
Offset - +30

Tyres
Pirelli Scorpion Zero
285/35/R22

In comparison, the stock spec is as per below:
20"x8"
Offset +45
Tyres were Falken 255/50/R20

NNNmpCJ.jpg

YacXnzi.jpg

EVgzlSl.jpg

ERZ2zyf.jpg

yBUV5Os.jpg

Looks aggressive! I am currently looking into replacing my stock wheel. Is there a reason why you went with 285/35/22 instead of 275/40/22 ? How does the ride comfort compare to stock wheels/tires?

Looks aggressive! I am currently looking into replacing my stock wheel. Is there a reason why you went with 285/35/22 instead of 275/40/22 ? How does the ride comfort compare to stock wheels/tires?

275/40 is a bit scarce in Australia even if there are available not many brands stock them. Also the wheels are 10.5" wide so the broader rubber will help slightly to protect the rims from the side kerbs.

If feels a bit stiffer than stock, also reduces the wheelspin from take off which is great cause the stock setup slips too easily during take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!

What kind of tow hitch is that ( OEM or aftermarket)?
Thanks

That is dynamite! How is the road noise?

The Pirelli Scorpion Zeros are excellent, it's slightly noisier than the stock Falken but it's obviously a better performing tyres wet and dry in comparison to the stock.

those wheels really transform the look. what sort of bucks did they set you back?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Fantastic ride! Fantastic photos!

Perhaps, my favorite photo, is the 3/4 front view, with the boat and factory equipment in the background. Stunning. I think the 10.5-inch width tires are just what these vehicles need, to provide a more substantial stance!

Thanks for sharing.

By the way, any idea what the weight of each wheel is compared to the stock? (with or without tires)
Are you the photographer?

Last edited:
Fantastic ride! Fantastic photos!

Perhaps, my favorite photo, is the 3/4 front view, with the boat and factory equipment in the background. Stunning. I think the 10.5-inch width tires are just what these vehicles need, to provide a more substantial stance!

Thanks for sharing.

By the way, any idea what the weight of each wheel is compared to the stock? (with or without tires)
Are you the photographer?

Thanks for the kind words, hmmm never thought about weighting them but I think would be similar, the Vossens in those size aren't exactly lightweight :)

I take photos, but not my profession :)

Those wheels really look nice on your CX-9 EDGAR_C. I ordered some wheels for my wife's cx-9 size 20x9 +32mm offset with 265/50 R20 Hancook tires. I'll post pic once i get them installed. hopefully it rides good.

Did you have to install hub rings for your wheels?

Looks Fantastic! These are the exact wheels I am also looking at except in the machined finish. Is there any rubbing issues? Is the speedometer off? Also, why did you go for the 30 offset instead of the safer 42?

Those wheels really look nice on your CX-9 EDGAR_C. I ordered some wheels for my wife's cx-9 size 20x9 +32mm offset with 265/50 R20 Hancook tires. I'll post pic once i get them installed. hopefully it rides good.

Did you have to install hub rings for your wheels?

Do you mean the hub spacer? If that, then no, the +30 fits just right for me :D

Back