2016 CX-5 No longer connecting to music on iPhone through Bluetooth

:
CX5
Today suddenly my 2016 CX-5 stopped playing music through bluetooth from my iphone. It shows it's connected, and phone contacts seem to work, and I can see my music libraries, but when I try to play anything I just get a blank screen and nothing.

It's been glitchy for a while, often requiring me to select a playlist twice before playing, but usually works OK.

It does play OK, if I connect through USB but not Bluetooth.

Wondering if this may be related to the new Apple IOS, or whether the firmware or something in the car needs to be updated. I have never been clear if this is something I can do myself, or if I need to have the dealer do it. My dealer updated it once a couple years ago, which seemed to add Gracenotes connection, but it has never been updated since.

So just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior, or if there is a good tutorial on how to upgrade the firmware or Gracenotes myself. I tried the latter though a USB thumbdrive following a tutorial once, but it wasn't able to read it, and I wasn't sure that what I followed was meant to work for the 2016.

I haven't tried mine since my iPhone was updated to the new iOS. I hope that I don't have this issue as well.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried mine since my iPhone was updated to the new iOS. I hope that I don't have this issue as well.
Actually the problem seemed to correct itself. Still I'd like to know if there's an easy way to update the firmware or database myself. There are a few weird glitches in the Gracenotes database (one new band that is randomly thinks is Chicago) that I'd like to correct. And just like to be able to keep it up to date without having the dealer do it.

Upvote 0
Gracenote.. combination of a database of artist / track + album art and voodoo magic

updating DIY:

other fun reading:

Upvote 0
Back