2016.5 Cargo Cover

I'm buying a 2016.5 CX-5 and need to get a cargo cover. Is the OEM worth it or have folks been happy with a third party version at about 1/3rd the cost of OEM? If so, any recommendations? I don't need the mesh section on the OEM, which most third party versions seem to omit.

Also, are the clips on the lift gate standard? I haven't seen the car yet so I'm not sure. Can the cargo cover also be used like most other types, rolled out but not attached to the lift gate? I don't see any indentations for it so I'm guessing not. I have seen various vendor pics showing it rolled out and not attached, which is confusing.

Thanks!

Yep 3rd party solutions for the cargo cover work just fine.

Clips on the lift gate are standard.
Cannot be used like most other types - the cover "lifts" up using the lift gate as an attachment point.

recommendations? sorry I have a GEN2 but they are all basically the same.

There was a brief conversation about build quality here:

but that seems to be a limited experience. I am using aftermarket / chinese direct shipment for my vehicle and 10 months in with heavy use no problems.

I'd say:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

check the warehouse it is 50.00 hard to beat that!

It's a cargo cover, not engine mounts. The reviews for that $80 one on Amazon are fine, I don't need OEM for something like that

It's a cargo cover, not engine mounts. The reviews for that $80 one on Amazon are fine, I don't need OEM for something like that
Just trying to show an OEM cargo cover is not 3 times more expensive than a third party version like OP implied.

Thanks everyone for the cargo cover advice. I ended up getting an OEM one from someone selling a used one in great shape on ebay for $100.

I also just got the OEM cargo liner from another ebay seller, also in great shape. The liner looks like a genius accessory, much better than a lousy foam liner I had in a VW Passat wagon that only covered half the bed when the seats were down. Also, it warped. And then the stupid blue tarp I bought at Home Depot, always folding, unfolding, cramming in the spare tire space. No more...

Back