2015 Mazda3 Rubbing Noise Help

i have a 2015 Mazda 3 GT 2.5L Sedan Automatic
theirs a metal on metal rubbing noise when coming to stop anytime im not on the gas around 60Km/hr and under it makes the noise the dealership i took to say its the brakes i disagree as when i put the car in neutral the sound goes away completely i told this to the Mazda dealership but they keep saying its the brakes. Only reason why i keep taking it to mazda is the car is under warranty still. Please any answers or guesses would be great thank you feel free to ask any questions.

Tell me about your driving - lots of stop lights or all highway? How many miles/kilometers are on the odometer?
If you take the car to the dealership and they tell you the brakes need replacing, ask them to show you how thick your brake pads are.
If it is your front pads and you keep on driving, you could destroy your rotors. Of course, replacing the pads is not covered by your warranty.
One way to tell is to drive alongside a wall or other cars at a low speed with your foot off the pedals. You should hear a chirping noise that is synchronized with the wheel rotation speed. If you step on the brake and the noise goes away, then most likely you do need new brake pads.

Tell me about your driving - lots of stop lights or all highway? How many miles/kilometers are on the odometer?
If you take the car to the dealership and they tell you the brakes need replacing, ask them to show you how thick your brake pads are.
If it is your front pads and you keep on driving, you could destroy your rotors. Of course, replacing the pads is not covered by your warranty.
One way to tell is to drive alongside a wall or other cars at a low speed with your foot off the pedals. You should hear a chirping noise that is synchronized with the wheel rotation speed. If you step on the brake and the noise goes away, then most likely you do need new brake pads.
The rubbing noise goes away when I put it in neutral but Mazda won't actually drive my car to notice that.

Back