2015 Mazda CX-9 Technology

Hey guys. I am new here as I am needing to upgrade our sedan (2008 Hyundai Azera Limited) to an SUV as we have our third child on the way. I found one locally, a Grand Touring. I went today to look at it, test drive it, etc. It looks nice, great condition and I was cool with the driving feel of it.

I was however left a little uninspired. Not by the drive or the options, but by the "entertainment" of it. I've recently browsed at the 2013-2014 Ford Explorer Sport (decent screen, digital speedometer), 2014 Acura MDX Tech/Tech & Ent package (DVD screen), the aftermarket stereo in my Azera with Android Auto + CarPlay.

What types of things have you guys done or can point me to for ideas with this model? I am considering getting it, but wonder if it's enough to add some tech to it? Or is the 2016 CX9 jump a better buy?

I personally would not buy a pre-2016 CX-9 as they used a ford engine and other parts. I find the 2016+ version to be much nicer. As for tech, Mazda's have never been up to date regarding tech. If that is of major importance, I would look elsewhere. The Mazda will not impress.

One additional thing to consider is the possibility of adding AA/ACP to the CX-9. I'm not sure if this is possible with the 1st gen, but the 2nd gen (2016+) can be retrofitted by the dealer with a genuine Mazda AA/ACP kit. I believe the kit would run you about $150, and dealer install would be another $200-250.

One additional thing to consider is the possibility of adding AA/ACP to the CX-9. I'm not sure if this is possible with the 1st gen, but the 2nd gen (2016+) can be retrofitted by the dealer with a genuine Mazda AA/ACP kit. I believe the kit would run you about $150, and dealer install would be another $200-250.

You are right. The 2016 is the first year available for the AA/CP upgrade.

Thanks guys. I thought I heard about the retrofit kit being for Mazdas 2014 and later. However, I've never seen someone get AA/ACP on that old, small screen.

Back