2015 Mazda3 Bose Center-Dash Speaker Replacement

:
2006 Mazda 3i
Hello,

I'm in the middle of researching what speakers I should get to replace the Bose speakers in my 2015 3 GT. My biggest question is what to do with the center dash speaker. I know many/most cars use the center dash solely for phone calls etc and not music. If the speaker isn't utilized for music then I don't want to buy a replacement. I can't tell just by sticking my ear up close to it, although I THINK music doesn't play from it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm in the middle of researching what speakers I should get to replace the Bose speakers in my 2015 3 GT. My biggest question is what to do with the center dash speaker. I know many/most cars use the center dash solely for phone calls etc and not music. If the speaker isn't utilized for music then I don't want to buy a replacement. I can't tell just by sticking my ear up close to it, although I THINK music doesn't play from it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Following this thread in the hopes of an answer. I have a 2014 3 sGT. I just added a Sub and Amp to my system. And I have been considering just upgrading everything, replacing the Bose amp and all speakers. But I could not find anything definate in the different forums. I have seen posts from people stating they replaced the center-dash speaker, but nothing in reference to how it is hooked up or if it is utilized for music.

I did find this though. If I am reading his breakdown correctly, the center-dash speaker is not used for the sound.

Back