2014 rear shock mounts?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I'm having trouble finding the rear shock mounts for our 2014 CX-5. I thought I saw them on Autozone.com recently but now I don't see them. I see lots of KYB shock mounts for the Mazda 5 and other applications that look pretty much like the CX-5 shock mounts, but I can't be sure if they're the same. I see the Dorman 924-412 mount which looks a lot like the CX-5 shock mounts, and I also see the KYB SM5619 that says it's for Mazda 3 and 5 vehicles, and again looks a lot like the CX-5 shock mounts.

Anyone had any luck finding these? Or should I not bother changing them when I replace the rear shocks?

ummmm because the rubber wears out. Replacing shock mounts is common when replacing dampers.

I mean if they're not really needed for this application then that's cool I guess, means less money I have to spend on replacing rear shocks.

My upper mounts look like this and I just kinda figured they could use replacement. But this guy did not replace them on his 5 so I probably won't either.

cache.php

My upper mounts look like this and I just kinda figured they could use replacement. But this guy did not replace them on his 5 so I probably won't either.

cache.php

Is that oil on there? How many miles?

Not my pic. That's from another thread on here about shock replacement on a Mazda 5.

My car's right rear shock looks like this at 65K miles:

attachment.php

Not my pic. That's from another thread on here about shock replacement on a Mazda 5.

My car's right rear shock looks like this at 65K miles:

attachment.php
I have a 2014 with about 35k. I have a set of coilovers that I'm going to. I would try calling the dealer. They are pretty good at sourcing parts like that when they are so specific. Especially for the CX-5 plus their pricing isn't that bad.

Give them a call.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever find aftermarket ones of these? My right rear is corroded and about to fall apart.

They show a Type 1 KD35-28-910K and a Type 2 KR27-28-910H for the 2014, not sure what the difference is, but they both look like they come with new mounts included.

https://www.mazdapartswebstore.com/...-2-5l-l4-gas/rear-suspension--rear-suspension

Type 1 vs 2 has to do with a change they made on the manufacturing line in May 2013. I've been calling around to dealerships and the only way to get that shock mount is to buy the entire OEM shock. Was hoping to get Koni's (since they are about the same price as OEM), but since my shock mounts need replaced, the only option is to get OEM. Sad.

Type 1 vs 2 has to do with a change they made on the manufacturing line in May 2013. I've been calling around to dealerships and the only way to get that shock mount is to buy the entire OEM shock. Was hoping to get Koni's (since they are about the same price as OEM), but since my shock mounts need replaced, the only option is to get OEM. Sad.

They're actually showing THREE part numbers. Prior to 5/13/13, After 5/13/13 Type 1 and after 5/13/13 Type 2. Also wondering what the differences are.

They're actually showing THREE part numbers. Prior to 5/13/13, After 5/13/13 Type 1 and after 5/13/13 Type 2. Also wondering what the differences are.

Under "notes" for the rear shocks on that website, it says "Order By Model No. & Production Date For 2014 Model Year."
So I guess they would know which ones to send based on production date on your door tag.

Back