2014 CX-5: Installed aftermarket stereo (Alpine ilx-270) Now I can't control stuff

:
Portland, Oregon
:
2014 CX 5 Touring
Hey there!!!

I just got a GREAT 2014 CX 5. Couldn't be happier.

Thing is, I immediately installed an aftermarket stereo (Alpine ilx-207) with Apple CarPlay. It's fantastic, BUT......

I wanted to turn off the car horn confirmation when I activate the alarm system on the car using the fob. I don't want to wake my neighbors up, as I get home at 2:30 AM from work.

I tried using a few fob-controlled commands that I found on the Internet, but none of them work. I followed the instructions in the user manual, but that doesn't work, either. I watched a video on the 2014 CX 5 that shows this option being controlled through the factory stereo. OOF!~

Question is, what functionality have I lost by putting in an aftermarket stereo? Is there any way to control those options with the Alpine ilx-207 stereo? Do I have to reinstall my old stereo in order to be able to gain operational control over the car?

Thanks!

This feature in my 2014 3 is controlled by the alarm that is installed by the dealership before being sold new . There is a sequence that needs to be done to change the horn beep to no beep. I had a hard time getting it to work so I called the alarm manufacturer and they sent someone over to change the setting.

If you don't have the documentation about this in your glove box, you may want to get the alarm company's contact information from the dealership.

Thanks for the reply!

There isn't an alarm installed by the dealership in mine. It's the factory-installed alarm system. I'm hoping someone can maybe give me a key fob button-press sequence that will enable me to turn off the "Alarm Set Confirmation Honk"....

If not, I may have screwed myself by uninstalling the factory stereo. Looks like there were a lot of features that were controlled by the factory stereo unit...

Yes - all the configurations are listed in your owner's manual, but they can only be performed with the original radio in place. You can plug your old radio back in (presuming the install place used adapters for the car's wiring and didn't cut off the old connectors - doh!) and make your changes, then they'll stay that way once you restore the new radio.

I replaced the radio in my '14 too, but set the configs how I wanted them first :)

Heya, Baron.

Thanks so much for the reply, and the definitive answer! I guess I can just live with it how it is. Going through all of that just to turn off the horn honk wouldn't be worth it. I would have liked to also use the smartkey thing where you walk up to the car and it unlocks, and when you walk away from it it locks itself.... But oh, well! I still love the car, and the CarPlay certainly makes it super fun!

Have a good one! :)

Herk

Back