2013 Mazda CX-5 Audio LCD Disply

Hi there, I am having a 2013 Mazda CX-5 My 13 Wagon %dr Skyactiv 6s PAw sports Automatic, suddenly the audio display screen blackout, touch is working, Bluetooth working, FM/AM, AUX etc everything working but screen display dark not visible on screen anything.

What will be the fault? service center suggested to replace whole unit. Is there any other way?

That would be my first guess too. Spin the little stalk that controls the trip odometer. It may be turned to max dim

It wouldn’t be on the screen. That button that you used to reset the trip odometer or select trip A/tripB can spin. Rotate it clockwise.

Okay, but is it for audio LCD display panel?
It controls the lighting for the entire dashboard. If it’s spun all of the way counterclockwise, I believe it can turn off the audio LCD screen too.

It controls the lighting for the entire dashboard. If it’s spun all of the way counterclockwise, I believe it can turn off the audio LCD screen too.

Attachments

• 72DCB383-F57B-4E41-851E-FB37F4D3F82C.jpeg
    72DCB383-F57B-4E41-851E-FB37F4D3F82C.jpeg
    779 KB · Views: 150
  • 649DFF59-CA17-441E-A1CE-C7E3440AEF02.jpeg
    649DFF59-CA17-441E-A1CE-C7E3440AEF02.jpeg
    842.4 KB · Views: 147
Crap. Screen probably dead. I’d try unplugging the car battery for a few minutes and reattaching. If no luck I’d replace the head unit. Sorry man.

I’m not sure overseas. Used ones go for about $200 used on eBay in the US. It would be easiest to remove the entire head unit and replace it with another one. It’s actually fairly easy. You need a ratchet, sockets and a long extension. I think two screws and a single bolt hold the head unit in. There are directions somewhere here. I’ve removed mine once to add a backup camera and it was not difficult at all.

I’m not sure overseas. Used ones go for about $200 used on eBay in the US. It would be easiest to remove the entire head unit and replace it with another one. It’s actually fairly easy. You need a ratchet, sockets and a long extension. I think two screws and a single bolt hold the head unit in. There are directions somewhere here. I’ve removed mine once to add a backup camera and it was not difficult at all.
thanks. In case I need to change the head unti what head unit you suggest? If you have a link please send me. Appreciate for your help.

If you can see the backlight but nothing on the LCD (have you looked with a strong light on the screen?) then that does sound like the lcd panel is bad. Is that easy, or even possible to repair? Probably not.

Call you recall any particular circumstance or event that precipitated this symptom?

I had a Sony TV that was working perfectly one day then the next day half of the display was gone. Probably some tiny transistor or array of transistors failed or lost connection somehow. I did take it to a shop and the guy said the panels are hard to find plus expensive. Same with a DSL projector TV I had. They stopped making the necessary chip.

Maybe you can take the head unit to a shop to evaluate.

I can only recommend a used OEM headunit. I don’t have any experience with aftermarket ones.

Back