2013 CX-5 Power seat parts

Thank you so much for this info. I was about to replace the motor, because everything became MUCH noisier to the point that i thought it’s broken.
Power seat motor itself is pretty reliable. If you have a noisy seat, but is having no issue to move the seat on BOTH sides of rail, you have a different problem. You need a different long flexible steel braided cable which is available from Mazda with part no. TK81-88-0D1. See post #17 in this thread.

Power-seat noise

Now if you’re talking about noisy operation AFTER you put on the short solid stainless shaft, that’s inherited noise by its non-flexibility nature. See post #11 by @UnhappyCampR’s above. On the other hand, if you heard the vibration noise even before the broken short flexible steel braided cable, then try to replace the long flexible steel braided cable with Mazda part no. TK81-88-0D1. There’s a TSB for this noisy operation problem with a new TK81-88-0D1 long flexible steel braided cable on power seat.

Last edited:
Thanks. Is the original one available to buy from somewhere in case I wanted that one?
You may try AliExpress、Taobao、Temu to find some possible sellers from China. See post #33 above.

Now if you’re talking about noisy operation AFTER you put on the short solid stainless shaft, that’s inherited noise by its non-flexibility nature. See post #11 by @UnhappyCampR’s above. On the other hand, if you heard the vibration noise even before the broken short flexible steel braided cable, then try to replace the long flexible steel braided cable with Mazda part no. TK81-88-0D1. There’s a TSB for this noisy operation problem with a new TK81-88-0D1 long flexible steel braided cable on power seat.
Yeah, it became noisier right after I installed the solid shaft. Thank you for clarifying.

So after looking into it further, I realized the issue I have is not the broken cable, but the motor seems to be mis-aligned on one side. See attached picture. You can see its been lifted up on the left side, the motor and the rotor are visibly far away from each other instead of being in one line. I dont know how that happened, but that seems to have caused the issue. The cable doesnt spin at all on the left side, so I dont know if the motor is blown on one side, or if its the cable that is damaged because of this. I tried to push the motor back into place, but its very hard to do that. I even used a lever to push it down, but its very hard and stuck with the left side a little bit up.

Any ideas how I could resolve this?

Attachments

• Motor.png
    Motor.png
    318.3 KB · Views: 58
So after looking into it further, I realized the issue I have is not the broken cable, but the motor seems to be mis-aligned on one side. See attached picture. You can see its been lifted up on the left side, the motor and the rotor are visibly far away from each other instead of being in one line. I dont know how that happened, but that seems to have caused the issue. The cable doesnt spin at all on the left side, so I dont know if the motor is blown on one side, or if its the cable that is damaged because of this. I tried to push the motor back into place, but its very hard to do that. I even used a lever to push it down, but its very hard and stuck with the left side a little bit up.

Any ideas how I could resolve this?
I've got the same thing. My motor was higher then it should be. I've lowered it by hands)

Hey guys. The short cable/shaft is available on AliExpress.

I've just ordered it, hope it will fit. Ordered 50mm.
Here’s a post from another thread:

Adjuster Motor…Small Cable Part #?

Update: I found a perfect flexible short (50 mm) shaft for $9 including shipping from China on AliExpress. It took only 11 days from order to delivery. See photo below.

The solid shaft sold on Amazon for $25 is a ripoff. At Home Depot, you can get 1/8" square key stock 12 inches long for $2 - enough to make 6 shafts.

As I mentioned above, I think the solid shaft is a bad idea. If the seat jams, then the shaft will not break and something more expensive will fail, like the motor or the gear drive.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

View attachment 323667
BE549298-A606-4A2D-8993-9BE3CB3F802E.jpeg

Some also are complaining the solid short shaft is noisy in addition to lack of breaking-away protection.

Back