2011 Mazda2 Sport - No Sound from Speakers?

Yes, I confirm that its these 3:
View attachment 301059
Thanks ziddey for providing the picture! Let us know if it works for you too.
Big thank you for posting this information! I was able to get my wife's radio fixed today. Indeed, 2 of those 3 resistors were loose. As I re-soldered them they even shifted because only one side was actually still attached. I topped off the solder on each one and reassembled and the radio is working perfectly again! It took longer to take the radio out of the dash than to resolder it.

Greetings...I found this forum and this thread when searching for my radio problem...2014 Mazda2 Sport, 103k miles on it. I just bought this car on Friday for my daughter and currently going through it to make it whole.

When I test drove it, the radio worked but sounded 'muffled', then when I got it home and started testing everything, the radio see,s possessed! The volume knob will either work right, or not, and will also turn the volume up instead of down, sound will just go back down very low, etc...

Does this sound like the same problem? Searching online comes up with lots of problems with this radio but this thread is the ONLY solution -other than banging it- that I've found!

I can solder if that's the problem...but I'm not sure I understand how to get to the resistors shown above- can someone walk me through that?

thanks! I'll be here asking a bunch more quesitons!

I figured it would be easy to diagnose something so responsive to physical impact.
So I opened mine up and tapped around the board with a stick until the sound came back.
Hey jdbens, just wanted to thank you for posting this diagnostic. I had a similar problem (Radio had power and buttons worked, but no sound) and tried your solution soldering those 3 SMD resistors and it worked like a charm. Took a few hours for the whole job, probably saved hundreds of dollars, thanks!

Back