2011 CX-9 P0195 / P0197 codes

:
2007 cx 9 grand touring
2011 CX-9 throwing P0195 and P0197 codes. Apparently there is an EOT sensor that should be part of the troubleshooting for this. Anyone privy to the location of this sensor? Anyone familiar with common causes of these codes other than sensor failure? ie: cooling system, etc. TIA.

Jim

So apparently this accompanies a brake booster failure, because that’s what I have now. Anyone replace a brake booster on this model? Need to find out what all has to come off/out to get to it. I’ve done an F150 before, but this looks more involved.

Upvote 0
I can't find any info on where the oil temp sensor is or if the CX-9 even has one. All the info I've found is only for diesel powered vehicles. I also searched for Ford vehicles with this engine and came.up empty.

People have replaced brake boosters. I have not but I recall a thread on here where someone did it.

Upvote 0
The booster is also part of an extended warranty 'recall'. You should check if your VIN qualifies and if you are still inside the year/mileage limit for the repair. I have a 2012 and mine was covered when I had it at the dealership last year. Thank God, it's an expensive repair if you're going it alone.

Upvote 0
Back