2011 CX-7 Turbo, stumbling, check engine light...Help!

I have a 2011 CX-7 with only 86,000 mi on it. I purchased it a couple a months ago. Took an extensive test drive and it ran just fine. In fact the next day I drove it on a 250 mile round trip and it ran fine. On the third day I drove to to the grocery store and it started stumbling and a check engine light came on. In fact it actually died at a stoplight. We scanned the light and it came up with a code saying something was wrong with the cam position sensor. We replaced the cam position sensor. The light came right back on the next time I drove it and it was stumbling and stuttering again. A mechanic at the shop I often use said it could also because by the crank position sensor so we replace that one. Now it actually runs worse than ever . I mean I wouldn't even drive it a mile to the grocery store at this point. I don't want to get into a cycle of just replacing one thing after another because the code is not specific enough to tell us anything more. Just wondering, does this sounds familiar to anyone? I'm not real familiar with this model just bought it because it had low miles and looked like it was a nice car.

I have a 2011 CX-7 with only 86,000 mi on it. I purchased it a couple a months ago. Took an extensive test drive and it ran just fine. In fact the next day I drove it on a 250 mile round trip and it ran fine. On the third day I drove to to the grocery store and it started stumbling and a check engine light came on. In fact it actually died at a stoplight. We scanned the light and it came up with a code saying something was wrong with the cam position sensor. We replaced the cam position sensor. The light came right back on the next time I drove it and it was stumbling and stuttering again. A mechanic at the shop I often use said it could also because by the crank position sensor so we replace that one. Now it actually runs worse than ever . I mean I wouldn't even drive it a mile to the grocery store at this point. I don't want to get into a cycle of just replacing one thing after another because the code is not specific enough to tell us anything more. Just wondering, does this sounds familiar to anyone? I'm not real familiar with this model just bought it because it had low miles and looked like it was a nice car.
Try checking your coil packs and spark plugs. Mine was doing the same. Number one spark plug was seriously damaged. Previously it was just the coil packs that were damaged. Mazda disease.

Upvote 0
Back