2007~2015 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring - door(s) won't lock

Been scouring the web for fixes; but, couldn't find anything that matches my issue. This seems like a very active board, however.

The other day, I got back into my car, whilst running errands, and the key won't turn over, in the ignition.
Going old school, I rocked the steering wheel right-to-left-to-right, etc. and the key turned over & the car started (yay!)
But, when I get home, put the car in Park, turned off the car and pulled the keys out, the car is beeping, like the car still thinks the keys are in the ignition. Now, I can't lock my car (completely).

When I try to lock with the auto lock switch on the driver's door, it locks pivot back&forth from locked (for a millisecond) back to unlocked.
I can lock all the doors, sitting in the car, with the doors shut. Best I can do is lock all doors but the driver's door. (manually flip the driver's lock to unlock and get out.)

I'm hoping there's an easy fix I overlooked. I've turned the car on/off. Tried the fob lock & unlock - if I remember correctly, the door lock button will do the immediate lock/unlock thing. But, the door unlock button doesn't respond. Thanks for any responses or suggestions.

You have the keyless entry, yes? It is behaving like a key fob has been left in the car.

You have the keyless entry, yes? It is behaving like a key fob has been left in the car.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. But, there is no key fob in the car.

Addtl info: Neither lock or unlock buttons on the fob receive a response from the vehicle (blinking lights/horn affirmation).

If there aren't any keyless entry fobs in the car, it sounds like the ignition switch might be going bad. My car will behave like you are describing if the ignition switch is not in the "off" position. It's easy to get it almost in the off position but not quite all the way there (for me, anyways).

The root problem is not fixed but I figured out a way to lock the car up.
I forgot about the ole key into the door lock possibility :p
I guess this will have to do for now...tho the alert beeping is the same as the headlights on warning. I almost left my lights on twice now.

The root problem is not fixed but I figured out a way to lock the car up.
I forgot about the ole key into the door lock possibility :p
I guess this will have to do for now...tho the alert beeping is the same as the headlights on warning. I almost left my lights on twice now.
Having this exact issue with my 2008 cx9 did you ever figure out the main problem and fix?

Back