2007~2015 200K+ Mile Club / CX-9 (2007)

Excited about approaching this milestone. I'm less than two thousand miles away from hitting the mark to join this club.

-Miguel
Jacksonville, Fla.

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_144409841.jpg
    IMG_20200716_144409841.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 131
Please include if transfer case is serviced and waterpump was replaced. Great to hear high mileage Gen 1s, its always issues with PTU and waterpumps that is all over the internet.

Please include if transfer case is serviced and waterpump was replaced. Great to hear high mileage Gen 1s, its always issues with PTU and waterpumps that is all over the internet.

Hi, this vehicle is 2WD and does not have a transfer case. It is still fine working with the original waterpump. Hope that helps you.

Great to hear, Miguel! Hope it keeps you on the road for another 200k :)

What items did you replace outside of spark plugs, brake pads, rotors, filters, oil (motor & trans) and coolant?

I’m due to hit the 200k mile club shortly as well! I have a 2010 GT AWD and have been changing the transfer case fluid with every oil change. It’s a pain in the rear but it’s still hanging in there. The water pump is still working as well. I frequently check the temperature gauge and check the oil to make sure it’s not turning into a milkshake.

She is starting to show her age and I’ve fixed a few problems which cropped up around 190k. Fortunately everything was very cheap to fix:

- Greased the starter bendix shaft to stop the occasional screech on cold starts
- Patched a few small exhaust leaks around the muffler from where the rear heat shield brackets rusted out
- Replaced the radiator drain plug which disintegrated and started dripping coolant
- Replaced the brake booster which failed at 196k, I got a replacement from a salvage yard for $45.

Otherwise everything is still original, with the exception of the obvious wear components such as brakes, tires, suspension components, bulbs, fluids, battery, filters, spark plugs, etc. I include suspension components as wear items as I often drive on extremely bumpy (and often unpaved) roads for work, so the suspension experiences way more wear than your average driver.

I’ve also had a torque converter shudder since ~120k miles which is kept in check with a single ATF drain/fill with shudder fix additive every other oil change.

While she has been needing a bit more TLC lately, the performance and handling is still excellent and I plan on keeping the car until the wheels proverbially fall off.

Last edited:
Back