2007 CX-9 Transmission service question

:
2007 GT FWD, Bose/NAV
Hello all! It has been awhile since I posted here and wow has the site changed a lot.

I have a 2007 GT CX-9 and am looking to change my transmission fluid for the first time, believe it or not!

I have been doing a lot of searching here and I believe all I need is a 10mm hex socket if I am correct. Later models require a torx bit that I see. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lastly, from what I see, I need to replace the fluid with 3309 transmission fluid.

I appreciate any course corrections or FYIs. Thanks for the help gang!

You can use either 3309 or Toyota T-IV transmission fluid. I use T-IV, much cheaper than the mazda stuff.

Toyota T-IV is 3309. Lindy, be sure you loosen the fill plug before you remove the drain plug. If you can't get the fill plug out, don't drain out the fluid--let a pro do it.

Due to transmission fluid being contained in the torque converter and other parts expect to drain out about 1/3 of the total ATF. That's normal. A complete fluid exchange is a more complex process.

On my 113K miles 2011 AWD Sport I had all 3 drive units and engine oil flushed/changed at the same time. $700.00! At least the torque converter shudder is gone. Now I just need to wait for the water pump to detonate and fill the oil pan with coolant. I'm so excited.

They did oil, filters, couple burned out lights as well as the drive units. I figured that I took a bath on cost of repairs but they got me on their schedule in one day and finished all the work by the next morning. I needed it done prior to the 1000 mile journey I took the following weekend.

On a side note, the guy in charge of that shop was rude and has a real snarky tone of voice that he uses "AT" everyone... and even more so to his employees. Gr33gs Japanese Auto in Covington, WA won't see any more of my hard earned $$$

The most that should have cost you at the dealer was 300 dollars. 150 for the trans service 150 for the transfer case and 50 for the rear differential
Yup. The lube shop I used was $160 on the trans flush and $60 to pump out the PTU fluid 3 times (until it was clean). Haven't done the rear axle, but they charge $80 ish for that.

Back