2006 Mazda Miata / MX5 ??

yeah, that article has been posted before. Most people (Including me) don't like the new design.

It's pure conjecture. An insider has commented that the only accurate part of the illustration is the badge on the nose. I've also heard better information about the engine, and 1.8 VVT is not it. The aluminum 2.3 has been rumoured as well.

Miata enthusiasts have been dreaming about the rotary since the car was first unveiled, but it doesn't match Mazda's vision for the car. Don't hold your breath. Banger engines only.

Keith

Seems alot like the NSX in that everytime a new one is reworked everyone seems to find out it will have a V8 yet it never happens!

Keith, are the latest rods in the miata weeker then the earlier ones?

Geez, I hope that's not the new miata... the whole point of the miata was to be the ultimate incarnation of what the old "british sports cars" were. Which that articles's description certainly does not match. You don't buy a miata because it's "roomy", you buy it because it's reliable and a blast to drive!
At least, that's why I bought mine and am still driving it!

1st MP3 in NH said:
Keith, are the latest rods in the miata weeker then the earlier ones?

I have never seen a forum with such drift of topics :)

Yes, they appear to be. We had them tested by Carrillo and the hardness is the same, but we suspect the heat treating was cut down for the later cars. They don't seem to be acting as strong.

Keith

Back