2003 P5 dashboard brightness

Hey there so I’m just wondering if there is a way to brighten the dashboard display. I’ve got the brightness up 100% but are there any led bulbs or just brighter bulbs in general that make the dashboard display and brighter?

Thanks,
Ben. N

Just did the 4 led replacement on mine from superbrightleds dot com....lemme find link to thread that has right part numbers.....

1609704212904.jpeg

Upvote 0
Link to thread...

Post 3 are the part numbers for bulbs. These are just for the gauge cluster. I haven't done hvac ones yet. They seem OK on mine still. It was the gauge ones that were dim.

From what I've found in other dash lighting threads, there are 2 74's in the ac panel. I would use same ones as the 2 for the gauges in the linked thread. Those ac panel lights might be the next lighting mod for my car....

Upvote 0
there are 4 in gauge cluster, 2 small ones and 2 tiny ones. they twist in from back of it, nothing but removing bezel and cluster bolts. you can flip it over frontwards to access the back of it without even unplugging harnesses. just be careful to not scratch cluster lens. the 4 needed for cluster are in post 3 of that thread.....

i am assuming the same 2 74-xHP3 are the ones for ac panel based on threads i read saying 2 74's are needed there. i have had really good luck with superbrightleds website. i will be doing the ac panel ones at some point. need to order 2 more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yup, I just ordered the 4 needed for the gauge cluster (2 of the 74 - 3 SMD and 2 of the 194 - 5 SMD) off of Superbrightleds. Like you said they should just slot into place in the plastic fasteners.

Thanks so much for the beta I'll let you know how the install turns out. For sure I'll be doing the ac panel very soon, and idea of how to access and remove those two 74's in the ac panel?

Here are the ones I got.
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.18.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.18.19 PM.png

Upvote 0
No worries, I'm always kinda hesitant just cause it's plastic, and plastic sometimes cracks.

Thank you so much for the beta I'll let you know how it turns out

Upvote 0
You have to undo the cable controls on each side of selector door and just pop out the center dash face containing the cc panel and then maybe take part of that apart to get to bulbs.....maybe. I have to revisit it again to see if bulbs are just twist into back of panel. If so then seems like they could be monkeyhanded out and back in without removing the cable controls for blend door.

Upvote 0
Post #17 in this link to other thread is before/after of oem vs LEDs.....................

Upvote 0
Back