2.5L Turbo Oil Filter...Anyone know where to get Japanese or Thai OEM?

:
Florida
:
2020 CX-9 GT AWD
As the title states... does anyone have a line on the Japanese (PY8W-14-302) or Thai (1WPY-14-302) OEM oil filter? My local dealer only has the Mexican variant (PY8W-14-302-MV).

Well, I called a different local dealer and they stock both the value (Mexican variant) and the non-value (Thai variant). It's about 6 bucks for the Mexican-made, and 8 bucks for the Thai-made. Passing along in case anyone prefers the Thai variant. It seems the dealers will stock them (or can order them), but it's not their default filter.

I've come across the Japanese model of oil filter on eBay but the prices are ridiculously high for a filter, and who knows if you'll actually recieve the Japanese filter from some of those sellers. I've seen reviews on Amazon of people who ordered packs of them expecting the Japanese part number but instead got the Thai ones. For me, i'll just stick with the Thai ones. They are close enough in quality although not quite as strong from my understanding, but they look like they would flow better. Someone on the Mazda6 forums dissected both a Thai and Japanese filter and it was handy to see what's inside. Check it out here.

I've come across the Japanese model of oil filter on eBay but the prices are ridiculously high for a filter, and who knows if you'll actually recieve the Japanese filter from some of those sellers. I've seen reviews on Amazon of people who ordered packs of them expecting the Japanese part number but instead got the Thai ones. For me, i'll just stick with the Thai ones. They are close enough in quality although not quite as strong from my understanding, but they look like they would flow better. Someone on the Mazda6 forums dissected both a Thai and Japanese filter and it was handy to see what's inside. Check it out here.
I believe Thai is the official superseded part for Japan.

Thanks! I am totally fine with the Thai variant. I presumed the Japanese variant was either no longer being manufactured, or was no longer being imported into the US.

My looking into which filter to use revealed that the Thai one is as good as it will get for us in the US. I just worried I couldn't find the Thai variant. I plan to head up to the dealer soon to hopefully pick a few up.

Back