"0W20B-MOIL OIL-PEAK" ?

That's how the receipt from a Mazda dealer shop describes the oil used in a synthetic oil change.

At first glance I thought it was Mobil but now I don't think so. Anybody know what kind of oil that is? Maybe Peak brand? Whatever it is, is it any good?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how the receipt from a Mazda dealer shop describes the oil used in a synthetic oil change.

At first glance I thought it was Mobil but now I don't think so. Anybody know what kind of oil that is? Maybe Peak brand? Whatever it is, is it any good?
Dealers will use the cheapest bulk oil they can find. It’s hard to tell what does "0W20B-MOIL OIL-PEAK" mean. Maybe you can call your dealer directly to find out.

My Mazda dealer uses "Preferred Choice" :rolleyes: or bulk Castrol 0W-20 synthetic oil for standard oil change. It’s only $10 more to use Mazda moly oil.

4891F71C-5265-4EC4-913C-D813E8A2894D.jpeg

If it is Peak oil, they only have one 0W-20 oil listed on their website. Here is the spec sheet, where it states that it has API SP/SN+ and GF-6 approvals.

Messaged the dealer, no reply, more a curiosity than a concern so I'm not chasing. It's a fair bet B = bulk, MOIL = motor oil, OIL- = a bit of redundancy and PEAK = Peak brand.

GF-6 has been out over a year now. That was a very busy service department, probably going through a lot of oil. GF-5 used up and GF-6 in the house would be a safe bet.

That would be fine for a year and probably 6k miles to the next change. If Mazda moly is only $10 more next time, why not.

Back