08 MS3 w/ Bose - Front Speakers ohm?

I'm posting here so that I may get an answer more quickly..

Title says it all, I'm driving an 08 Mazdaspeed3 with the Bose package and no Nav..both front speakers are shredded and I am trying to determine what Ohm the speakers are actually?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Not marked on the magnets? For a guess, I'd say four ohms. That's a fairly common value. If just the cones are damaged, the voice coils should be readable. Just use a multimeter.

Not marked on the magnets? For a guess, I'd say four ohms. That's a fairly common value. If just the cones are damaged, the voice coils should be readable. Just use a multimeter.

Ya, I'm sure they are clearly marked on the magnet, I was just hoping I could skate by being lazy in hopes that someone else did the leg work already.

Looks like I'm spending my morning taking apart door panels :)

bose uses a 2 ohm system
if you wish to keep the bose amp there are a few speakers at 2ohm, check crutchfield IIRC some infinity kappas were a decent choice
I'm posting here so that I may get an answer more quickly..

Title says it all, I'm driving an 08 Mazdaspeed3 with the Bose package and no Nav..both front speakers are shredded and I am trying to determine what Ohm the speakers are actually?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ya, I'm sure they are clearly marked on the magnet, I was just hoping I could skate by being lazy in hopes that someone else did the leg work already.

Looks like I'm spending my morning taking apart door panels :)

prolly well late on this, but for future reference, tweeters up front are 4 ohm, mids in doors (all 4) are 2 ohms.

Latest posts

Back