Search results

1. L

Reliability catted dp vs catless, etc

Hey guys, just looking for some feedback on my possible modding venture. Recently I got the warranty-covered turbo ventilation kit (along with new valve cover), and I'm pretty sure the warranty extension covers the turbo and timing chain issues for just under another year, so no big turbo plans...
  2. L

Offset compatibility

Hi, I have read a little on wheel offset, and I know our stock number is 52.5. I was going to powder coat my stickers, but I think it would make more sense for me to find a good deal and sell them, since they are probably 99% condition. One set I was looking at is +35mm. And the other question...
  3. L

Smoke for the first time!

OK, im at 57,xxx miles with full scheduled maintenance records from 1st owner, plus 45,000 mile service done while I had it. I have only the MazdaSpeed CAI and catback. Read a ton about these smoking turbos but never had any problems...until yesterday. I was running some errands and was only...
  4. L

Buying vs powdercoating

Hey everyone, I have been going through some advertising options on my vehicle, and I may be going with black wheels. Found a picture of my exact year/color with stockers, powdercoated black...looks pretty sweet imo. I did a lot of looking, and theres a place within an hour and a half drive...
  5. L

Buying Brakes

Hey, where have you guys bought your brake pads/rotors? I was about to buy some from ad***** auto because they were running a sale but after reading some reviews on their various brands, etc, and comparing them with prices on amazon and other places, I wasn't thoroughly comfortable with buying...
  6. L

Wheel/Tire width

2 questions: (1) what width can these stock wheels accept without affecting driveability, etc? I have heard that even a 225 rubs sometimes? (2) What width wheels can these cars take without much modification? I see some guys using rx8 wheels, which I think are wider, but not sure how that works...
  7. L

Shifter bushings

I got some good feedback on mounts, now how about the guys with different brands of shifter bushings? Is that enough to make a big difference? The shifting is a little sloppy feeling imho
  8. L

Differing HP claims AP

I am just about convinced into saving more dough and going AP over HT but I am seeing varying numbers on the claims. Here is one : http://www.mazdaspeedstore.com/mazdaspeed/Cobb-Tuning-AccessPORT-Engine-Management-Mazdaspeed3-2007-2010-p-319.html I cant remember where, but I thought stage 1...
  9. L

SURE RMM vs TRZ

I'm glad all these places are popping up with more options, but it sure makes for a tough decision! The Sure piece looks like a straight up beefcake that I'd trust my life with, and cool enough to wanna look at it...too bad it wont be visible. The Trz is cheaper. I know there are other brands as...
  10. L

Ets tmic

I just ran across some feedback on a TMIC by ETS, and it looks like an easy upgrade, and for almost half the cost of most FMICs. Any experience there? I'm looking for fairly simple, and reliable upgrades...i love this car but im gettin a little concerned with the stories of problems some guys...
  11. L

New guy here

Hey everyone, New owner of 07' Speed3 GT. Try to keep a long, but interesting story short, I was contemplating taking it back to trade for something my wife can drive too, but I'm keeping it...just keep wanting to drive it. I kinda stumbled across the speed on accident while looking for a...
Back