Search results

1. M

2011 Mazda2 Sport - No Sound from Speakers?

Same problem here. Gotta whack the dash, pretty hard sometimes, to get it to come back on. Strange.
  2. M

Brake/Clutch Fluid Flush & Radiator Flush

Would it be a good idea to get a brake/clutch fluid flush & a radiator flush? Dealership said $125 for the brake flush, $129 for the radiator flush. I just hit 50,000 miles & was thinking of getting them both done. Then I was going to change the spark plugs which I can do myself. I have a...
  3. M

How to Replace Spark Plugs (for Dummies)

What should they be torqued to?
  4. M

Brake/Clutch Fluid

It took me a long, long time to get used to the clutch, so I'm sure I wore it a bit, but I think I'll check my brake pads like you said before doing anything. I've done a lot of mountain driving, so I may have worn them down some.
  5. M

Brake/Clutch Fluid

My fluid in the reservoir has dropped below the max line by quite a bit. The manual says to keep it at the max level. Should I refill it or leave it alone?
  6. M

Windshield Washer Not Working

In case anyone else has the same problem it turned out to be the nozzles. They were completely clogged with partially-dried soap also known as gunk. I can't believe how much of it I kept picking out. Even boiled them to really loosen it up. So to get to the nozzles I had to take the plastic...
  7. M

Does anyone know if the nozzles themselves can just be popped off without removing anything. If I could pop them off & replace them that might work. I think a piece of plastic is lodged somewhere because I noticed the plastic dipstick for the fluid was broken in 2 pieces, so a little piece...
  8. M

I disconnected the hoses up near the nozzles & the fluid shoots out from the hoses both prior to the 1st nozzle & after the 1st nozzle. I guess I need to get access to the hoses underneath the nozzles which looks like it requires removing the big plastic panel. That looks like it could become...
  9. M

Crap........that wet spot under my car must have been from something else. Nothing is leaking. So the best guess is that the actual line that feeds to the nozzles is clogged. Neither nozzle works, but I got a little to fizz out after using a pin to try to clear them. So now I need to...
  10. M

tire air pressure

50??? That's gotta be a harsh ride, especially when you hit a pothole. I usually run 40 front, 38 back. I really like the stock tires. They never seem to lose any air & I've taken them on many gravel forest roads now & never a flat. That's saying something because I was the king of flat...
  11. M

I've narrowed it down to something simple. I can hear the motor & I saw a wet spot under my car when I pulled out. So a hose must be loose or cut or something like that. Hopefully a quick fix if I can get access to everything.
  12. M

I was looking at the fuse box under the hood; didn't even realize there was one on the dashboard also. Anyway the the F.Wip fuse was fine. Is there another fuse specifically for the washer motor somewhere? I thought maybe the F.Wip one was just for the wipers themselves. If I need to check...
  13. M

Thanks. I wasn't too sure on the P/W fuse. I hope I find one that has gone out; that would make everything nice & easy.
  14. M

Looking for some clues as to what may be wrong. No fluid comes out of the front, but it does come out the back. Reservoir is full. I checked the fuse with a "20" on top that was labeled P/W on the underside of the fuse compartment lid. It was fine. Is there another fuse to check? Are there 2...
  15. M

Clutch vs Air Conditioning

Why is there such a huge difference when driving with the air conditioning vs. no air conditioning? It's extremely difficult to get a smooth shift. I probably look like I'm having multiple seizures to the people behind me.
  16. M

Battery Maintenance

How often are you supposed to fill the battery with distilled water? The manual says to look at the level thru the side of the battery, but I can't see a thing.............seems like the plastic is too thick to see what's inside.
  17. M

Quality, easy to find 0w-20 options?

Pennzoil Platinum 5qts OW-20 is about $23 at WalMart with a $10 rebate.
  18. M

How To: Mazda 2 Oil Change

Just changed my oil for the first time. It was simple, even for an amateur, didn't even have to lift the car. I did have to buy a cup wrench since the filter was on too tight, but that was only about $5 at Baxter Auto Parts. I was wondering..............it says capacity is 4.1 quarts with a...
  19. M

Mazda2 reliability discussion. How is your Mazda2 holding up?

Model Year - 2011 Mileage - 31,000 Daily Driver - Yes Race - No Long road trips - Yes Mods - No Minor Issues - Airbag blinky, brake shudder, squeaks & rattles Major Issues - None Was the Issue covered under warranty? N/A
  20. M

How much did you pay for your Mazda2?

They have them for just under $12,000 where I live now. Ugh !!!!! Makes my $13,500 look not-so-good. I should quit looking at car ads, but I guess I just like to torture myself.
Back