Search results

1. P

Rear dampers (shocks): Mazda5 (2nd gen) vs. Mazdaspeed3

The rear suspension is from the CX-7. I think this was due to added weight capacity. The valving and length of those is probably a compromise for use on multiple cars.
  2. P

2009 Mazda5 Apple CarPlay Infotainment Update

I had to swap the little clips off the top of my old radio to make the new one snap in. For the time to set correctly I had to change the time zone that was set and then connected to Wi-Fi.
  3. P

Mazda5 Replacement Axles?

No nvh change that I could notice. New motor mounts and struts were the biggest benefit. I got mine from Rock Auto
  4. P

Mazda5 Replacement Axles?

I used trakmotive when I did mine in 2020. They have been fine. I have a 2010 manual trans.
  5. P

My New 2013 Mazda5 GT - Stereo Upgrade Time

I bet something like this is available in Europe. Android 11 Car Stereo for Mazda 5 2007-2012 with Wireless Apple CarPlay Android Auto,9 inch Touchscreen Car Radio with WiFi,GPS Navigation,Bluetooth,FM/RDS,SWC AUX-in,Dual USB+AHD Backup Camera https://a.co/d/dPDZgli I have that one. So far it...
  6. P

Update 1. Flush mount camera was the wrong format. Mounted the original camera on the bottom of the bumper next to the hitch for protection. 2. Done. 3. Pending, can't find what I like 4. Can't find dash Cam app that my cheap unit will run. And have to mount the flush mount camera somewhere...
  7. P

I got my install mostly fine this weekend. Here are my outstanding issues. 1. Backup camera - I decided to order a surface mount camera to put in the back bumper instead of running wiring through the liftgate. Also, I finally figured out what wire is A6 referred to in the instructions after...
  8. P

My Climate control bulbs are out...Any recommendations?

Thanks for the info.
  9. P

B55er, does your aux in port still work?
  10. P

My Climate control bulbs are out...Any recommendations?

My Climate control bulbs are out. Does anyone have recommendations? Are the instant cluster and dash bulbs the same if I want to change colors? If I use LEDs can they be dimed?
  11. P

So I ordered one last night for $136. When I looked just a min ago there is now a $20 coupon so I cancelled and reordered this morning. I will be using Android Auto. My plan is to put one of the USB ports where the line in Jack is next to the power port. But I may need an extension for that...
  12. P

Where are the USB ports on it?
  13. P

That looks good. What unit is it?
  14. P

What to consider replacing "while in there" for a clutch job?

If they are pulling the engine you might do the timing chain, guides, water pump and thermostat.
  15. P

What to consider replacing "while in there" for a clutch job?

I did CV axles struts flywheel and motor Mount while it was apart. Now I have lower control arms I want to do. I am also replacing all other bushings that I can front and rear. Beating too.
  16. P

Mazda5 Fuel door release latch stuck

Make sure the passenger/right sliding door is fully closed.
  17. P

Mazda5 TPMS light came on

You can get the sensor replace without getting new tires. The system will try to read everytime you start driving. I think forscan or other readers can reset the light but it will come back on the next time you start driving and it scans for the transmitters and it does not find all of them or...
  18. P

CX-9 Right rear rocker molding backordered...Any leads?

I finally got one from a somewhat local LKQ from a 2016. It was in decent shape so it probably matches better than a new one. This was actually the second one I found. A different local LKQ ordered one from somewhere else and then never got back with me. After two weeks of leaving voice mails...
  19. P

Yes, the door bottom is bent out a little bit I can fix that. I have looked at lots of dealer parts sites and all but two showed backordered. Jim Ellis and another had it for over $300. I may try and call but I'm not sure my soul can handle it. Lots of parts people are nice, not all. The...
  20. P

Our 2018 CX-9 GT had the right rear rocker molding knocked off on the interstate. Something went under the car and bounced out the side taking the molding with it. I'm not sure if that destroyed the part or if it was run over after that. Went back the next day and it was in pieces. By the time...
Back