Search results

1. S

Mazda5 Rear wiper spring tension?

Part of the pressure comes from the metal inserts (two thin metal rails). They don't "wear" and actually conforms overtime to the glass. Prebend the ends to curve a bit more to the glass. Applies to all wipers. While it is easier to replace that whole thing but it really doesn't benefit you...
  2. S

Mazda5 Second Gen (08/09) to Third Gen (2012) Front Bumper Swap

Are you pulling from a car of the same color code? If you plan to get it painted, you could have just pulled the bumper cover and do some plastic cut/modeling to fit headlights and get it repainted. If you are pulling from a GT wrecker (AND if they are dirt cheap), you can also consider the...
  3. S

Mazda5 Second Gen (08/09) to Third Gen (2012) Front Bumper Swap

Bc headlights, you'll need fenders and hood. Otherwise I think it should fit. I wouldn't mind a +2012 interior with a <2010 bumper (y). I still cannot accept any Mazda with the goofy looking Nagare design language -good bye, good riddance.
  4. S

Occasional clunk on hard braking/acceleration (2012 Mazda5)

Sound travels esp when the car is moving so this is hard to figure out. You'll need to put the car up on all 4 jacks and start knocking things with a rubber mallet. My "been there, done that" experience on this car... -Loose ABS plastic panel knocking on any part of the metal chassis will...
  5. S

IamFODI's 2012 Mazda5 6MT: Intro, plans, questions and build

You can cash it in the great white north -eh! Just be cautious of aftermarket xenon gas charged bulbs with tint/colored glass for that perfect color spectrum. The added color cuts light so they make the bulb draw more current/brighter to give you both color and brightness. This results in...
  6. S

Help me choose an upgrade path (Mazda5)

Ask your question here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/make-your-front-wheel-drive-car-faster-advice-pro-/ In no particular order, thicker RSB, toe-out rear (slightly, else tire scrub), learn to drive FWD (trail braking).
  7. S

2011+ Mazda5 OEM HID/xenon swap?

Found it. Link below to close the loop if any on else is looking to swap an OEM unit. I bet it is 99.9% the same for both gen. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/oem-xenon-conversion-2008-2010-mazda5.123872006/
  8. S

2011+ Mazda5 OEM HID/xenon swap?

https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/installing-morimoto-hid-kit-and-comparison-to-stock.123843342/ Cautionary tail: back in the early 2000s, my first experience with HID was driving a friend's S2K, which at the time came with a fixed level setting. Driving in back roads with moderate speed through...
  9. S

It is tough to judge LEDs b/c the technology is still evolving. Issues with yesterday's kit may not apply to tomorrows! I do believe it is not a viable drop-in option and will need proper housings, power, cooling mgnt, etc. -H9, by far, is the quick and easy, best bang for the buck option for...
  10. S

Mazda5 Battery suggestions?

Left car parked for 2 day + 2 day deep freeze depleted the battery to 8.56V... Had to make a nuisance trip to Costco to swap for another 34. I miss the original JCI batteries 😭 Still on OG alternator but didn't think to check running voltage.
  11. S

Looking for Mazda5 Wheel ideas

NC2 Miata rims (NC1 is ok too) = cheap yet OEM durability, light-er weight, tpms, hub centric, 16".
  12. S

Mazda5 Engine swap (2012-2015)

The Mazda 3 forum has a few detail threads on a 2.5 Duratec swap. IIRC, it is mostly a drop in (a few parts need to swap over) and great option for 1gen (2.0 and 2.3) to gain a little more power/displacement for cheap. All 3 Ford motor mounts have a different design but I believe the placement...
  13. S

The cowl will protect the hood. In my case, it was due to user error. I did not use the supplied nylon lock nut and instead opted to reuse OE nut and didn't apply thread lock. Quite possible it was under torque too and over time the vibrations cause the nut to come loose and gradually caused...
  14. S

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Replace inner and outer tie rods. The ball joins on the inner tie rods were completely toast with zero friction (165K is a bit overdue). 2nd time redoing outer tie rods. To folks who have done the inner tie rod, did you leave it with zip ties or was there space to use a metal clamp via...
  15. S

Mazda5 Manual Transmission Crush Washer (Gasket) Size?

As long as there's mechanical contact and/or excessive heat, all fluids need to be changed eventually -except blinker fluid :unsure:. What I've gather over the years from reading some SAE papers, depending on the manufacturing tolerance (engineering and material quality), the first change is...
  16. S

Mazda5 Manual Transmission Crush Washer (Gasket) Size?

Curious, what manual car did you previously have?? Do you believe transaxle fluid need to be replaced?
  17. S

Rear dampers (shocks): Mazda5 (2nd gen) vs. Mazdaspeed3

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I'm sure you are aware all things are a balance (or sacrifice). https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/how-to-best-coilover-or-perhaps-not-for-a-mazda5.123836594/ This topic brough back memories. The concept is the same, regardless if you are discussing...
  18. S

Rear dampers (shocks): Mazda5 (2nd gen) vs. Mazdaspeed3

https://www.kyb.com/catalog/ Look up these car for same/similar year for apples to apples comparison. The difference is from the lower mount bushing size (width). The Mazda trailing arm has a wider box, so Mazda shocks have wider busing to account for the gap. Mz3/MS3 are direct fit (not...
  19. S

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Gas cap broke. FWIW, you can push 'in' and it will catch to tighten/remove, however, the the break causes a vapor leak and gives a nice CEL reminder... OEM cap seem more complex than a cheap MotoRad MGC845 but it does the job.
  20. IMG_6924.JPG

IMG_6924.JPG

Back