Search results

1. M

Interesting Mazda radio problem. BRICKED

Anyone see this report. Maybe we are over teching things. https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/02/radio-station-snafu-in-seattle-bricks-some-mazda-infotainment-systems/
  2. M

Can you run me a lock test? 2018 Touring

Before I call dealer which is not always fun, can some one try this. Lock auto any way you want. Try liftgate with key in pocket. Opens or locked? Mine opens and only locks with key out of range. Doors are locked. Thanks
  3. M

Crack in taillight lens

I recently bought a new 2018 Touring. (Very nice) My son is taking my 2015 Sport. When I was cleaning up the Sport I found a star type crack in the passenger side taillight. I suspect the lens is not replaceable by itself. No moisture inside. I would like to do a repair of some kind. My first...
  4. M

17" for 19" on new Touring

I own a 2015 CX-5 Sport. I'm going to look at a 2018 Touring. I prefer 17" tires and would ask for a swap. Do any of you have a feel for how dealers respond to this request? Any big dollars involved ?
  5. M

Want to get CX-5 to Neutral with no start.

My driveway is on a hill, 2 cars wide. I have two vehicles parked one behind the other. When I wanted to get the car furthest up out I would just roll the lower car back a few feet and drive the upper car around it. With my new CX-5 and keyless start I have found no way to get out of park...
  6. M

Auto transmission dipstick ?

New owner of a 2015 Sport with about 1700 miles. I was checking the oil and then went for the auto transmission dipstick. Well I can't find it and found no mention of it in my book. I see a reference to a sealed unit after a search. So is it sealed and can I assume it's not part of owner...
  7. M

Shark fin antenna should be soup

I wish my 2015 CX-5 had a real FM antenna. I usually listen to college/public radio. In my area they are not all high powered and their transmitter sites may not be on the big hill with the high tower. I had no problem with my Mazda 5 whip antenna. Now I get some drop out where certain stations...
  8. M

AWD question

New to the CX-5 and AWD. New 5 with about 1000 mi. For the first time I was in AWD conditions and gave the CX a little kick to see how it would go. I heard a small clunk sound. So was that the AWD engaging? Is it seamless or does it go in and out ? Should I hear anything?
  9. M

New guy from the Mazda 5 forum

We decided to move over to the CX-5 from a Mazda 5. Just getting acquainted with the CX-5 so I'm sure I'll have a few questions. Purchased a Sport AWD, Auto, 2.5 engine. No extras since the Sport has all we need. Hopes it serves me as well as my 2010 Mazda 5.
  10. M

Thank you all, moving on

It's been a pleasure being on the 5 forum. I have now bought a Mazda CX-5. I want to thank you all for your help, suggestions etc.. The 5 has been great, but we felt we wanted a little more ....mass. In our early 70's and the CX-5 is probably the last vehicle for us. This forum has been very...
  11. M

Sport 2.5 AWD Hard to find

I test drove a Sport with a 2.5 engine last week. Very nice. The only option it had was Bluetooth. I like the car and it had all I needed, but I can do without the Bluetooth. Two days after that car was off of inventory. Not one word from the salesman even though I expressed interest in a basic...
  12. M

New looker, AWD question

With AWD is there a driveshaft to the rear wheels like cars of old? A differential, rear axle etc. ? Just wondering if there is a potential for down the road mechanical problems due to lack of, let's say BEEF. Strong enough? I've read AWD only happens when needed, true? Hope to test drive soon...
  13. M

Mazda 2.3L compared to 2.5L engine

I have a 2010 Mazda 5 Sport auto, 2.3L, 153 HP @ 6500 rpm, torque 148 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm engine. A new 2014 5 has 157 HP @ 6000rpm, torque 163 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm. My question is will I likely see a difference in driving between these two cars. Most of what I'm looking for is improved on ramp...
  14. M

Windshield ding

Has anyone her tried the windshield ding repair kits? I have a small hit with a slight crack, about 1/8 inch. Do they really work? Any favorite brands? I've looked around the web and saw a couple of videos. I'm willing to try a repair, but only if it will last. Comments please. Thanks
  15. M

Mazda 5 tire question,Car Talk column,local paper

This column appears in my local Sunday paper. Good question on low profile 5 tires. Ouch! I found a copy here. http://blog.nwautos.com/2011/06/are_low_profile_tires_just_as_safe.html OK folks, what do you think?
  16. M

Outside temperature, 2010 Sport

My outside temperature reading is very sluggish. It can go for an hour or two with no change, when I know the temperature has gone up or down. The electronic thermometors I have experience with respond very quickly. Can anyone out there tell me how responsive their ambient temperature readings...
  17. M

Tire pressure gauge

I've looked around the forum and may have missed the info, if it exists. Looking for suggestions for an accurate tire gauge. My warning light came on in my 2010 Sport. Part cold, part not checking. I have doubts about my cheap pencil type gauge. Since I expect to keep a better eye on my tires, I...
  18. M

Wheel rim scrape

2010 Mazda 5 Sport. Well I got too close to a curb and scraped my front rim. I went down to the metal. Does anyone know what the coating is on the rim and is it available? Special paint? Thanks, Marty
  19. M

Home made cheap cargo cover

I thought there would be a few times that I would want a cargo cover. When we take day trips and make a purchase that I don't want in the open it would be handy. I made this cover out of vinyl, on sale. I made two sleeves using Goop glue. At the rear I slid in a large dowl that has a smaller...
  20. M

2010 Mazda5 wheel washing

I did my first wash on my Mazda5 today and have to ask if there is any easy way to wash the wheels.? I'm coming from hubcaps which are easy to clean but the wheels on my M5 have those knooks and crannies that are tough to reach. I see an area behind the front of the wheel that I can't reach. Do...
Back