Search results

1. T

2012 Mazda2 Manual Transmission/Transaxle Gear oil change?

The main thing I am curious about is how often the change is recommended. Most of my driving is normal city/highway mileage, no racing.
  2. T

Thanks for the reply utmorpheus :)
  3. T

Is their a recommended/necessary gear oil change interval for a 5 speed manual Mazda 2 transmission ? Nothing is shown in my owners manual, I have done some brief research but have found nothing conclusive yet. Thanks Gents, I appreciate your help :)
  4. T

Is there any good reason to buy a Mazda2?

Answer : Reliability and Longevity I have owned several Mazda's over the last 30 years and when it comes to reliability and longevity they have all been extraordinary, this is critical in my line of work. In fact, I rely on them so heavily and have had such good results that I have...
  5. T

First time driving the Mazda 2

Try turning off the TCS on the Mazda 2 next time you drive one.
  6. T

Thinking about getting Mazda 2, but ...

When I purchase a car my main concerns are long life, reliability, price and mpg's. I have had 6 mazdas over the last 30 years and they have all handled each of those concerns in a miraculous fashion.
  7. T

Thinking about getting Mazda 2, but ...

Is this a definite ? What I read was that the majority of the Mexican Mazda 2's and 3's would be going to Central and South America. How many, if any, would make it to the US seems to be unclear. I don't know one way or the other but I am curious. I am also glad I bought mine when...
  8. T

Anyone else getting laughed at?

^^^^ That was me ! :D Wow, it's a REALLY FREAKIN small world :D I saw your post this morning and saw that you were from San Antonio, I had a strong hunch that was you. WELCOME to the Mazda 247 forums ! Man, your car was squeaky clean and shiny when I saw it. I...
  9. T

^^^ You weren't by chance near Clark High school ( Vance Jackson to be more specific ) when you got honked at were you ?
  10. T

Glad you mentioned this, I plan to start mountain biking again in about a year or so and I was wondering how well my bike would fit in the back :)
  11. T

MPG's

4th Tank : 39.4 mpg 60/40 Hwy/City No hypermiling, but I did turn off the TCS for the entire tank. I am beginning to wonder if the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tank mpg's are higher because of the gas I am using. The Dealer supplied the First tank " free " and I am...
  12. T

MPG's

3rd Tank: 39.3 mpg 60/40 hwy/city I did a little hypermiling on the first half of the tank, after that I decided to have fun, hypermiling can get a bit tedious as much as I drive. I also decided to turn off the TCS for the last 1/2 of the tank, the car seems more...
  13. T

New :)

Welcome :) What part of Texas ? I'm in San Antonio :)
  14. T

TCS off?

Page 5-22 of the 2012 US owners manual says " Press the DSC off switch to turn off the TCS/DSC. " It doesn't mention anything about pressing once or more than once to turn the two off independently. So that seems to confirm your observation that it appears that both TCS and DSC are shut off...
  15. T

MPG's

Great stuff guys, thanks for your input :) Shaowq, That's amazing mpg's for those kinda highway speeds.
  16. T

New Mazda 2 Owner as of 2/13/12 : D

Hi Colonel :) Yeah, pics would be good, hehe. :) Hi Ct, The blue is beautiful, I could have easily gone either way. The white should help with the heat down here in Texas though.
  17. T

New Mazda 2 Owner as of 2/13/12 : D

Unzipher -----> Thanks for the Welcome ! My plans are to maintain it well and drive it forever :D Rijstraket ------> Thanks I Will ! c7scayman ------> Wonderful Car ! All my Mazda's have been very reliable, especially the 96 Protege, you have a great car :D
  18. T

TCS off?

Good question Maxus, I don't know. I guess we could refer to our owner manuals. Let us know what you find out.
  19. T

TCS off?

^ ^ ^ I agree with the above poster and I find this to be the case even in dry ( non icy ) conditions. I just went out for a ride and I turned TCS off and on while I did some stop and goes and tight turns. I noticed a significant difference pulling away from a stop with the TCS off...
  20. T

MPG's

I just finished my 2nd tank. I got 40.8 mpg. It was about 50/50 city/hwy. I had to stay pretty focused on the few hypermiler techniques I know to get that though. Still, that would save me about $ 50 a month, I do a lot of driving with my job.
Back